Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student license of Recap Pro

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
jos.slawatycki
5298 Views, 21 Replies

Student license of Recap Pro

Hi,

I subscribed for a ReCap Pro student license. ReCap itself is working nicely but ReCap photo wants me to buy another license. Is Recap photo not included in the student license?

< Edited Content for better support. > 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: jos.slawatycki

I have the exact same question. Very unclear what Autodesk is doing. I try to create a photo to 3D and it takes me to the online version. Where is the software I can download to process on my own computer?

Message 3 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @jos.slawatycki,

Welcome to the community. 

ReCap Photo, is a paid subscription benefit to ReCap Pro. The "All Products" link lists the products available to you in your Educational Community account, also the "Product Enhancements" in your Autodesk Account will sometimes list additional products, although ReCap Photo is not included. 

Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 22
dgorsman
in reply to: natasha.l

I'll also throw in that while there is an option for local reconstruction (at least for ReMake - I'll need to check post-migration to ReCap Photo) the hardware requirements are well beyond average and even most high-end desktops.  The online processing leverages server processing to throw stupid numbers of processors at the job to get it done in a reasonable time frame.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

Unfortunately Recap Photo is not listed as an option for students. I still see Photo to 3D, so I am wondering if one of the following applies:

1) Will students get Recap Photo when Photo to 3D is eliminated from the product suite

2) Is Recap Photo not included with students licenses? This would seem particularly bizarre because nearly the entire Autodesk suite is available to students.

Could Autodesk please let us know why students to not have access to a full version of Recap Photo? It appears I only have the trial version and would need to pay - even as a student (though I am faculty).

Message 6 of 22
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out this link from the ReMake page: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/ReCap-Ph...

According to that EDU users will have access, although with some limits so they don't push commercial users out of the queue.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for that information @dgorsmanSmiley Happy

I reached out to the educational team & a formal statement will soon be sent out in the form of an email to all educational subscribers with an active account stating when they will have access.

I will try to reach back out to you to let you know when they have sent this out, but please check your emails.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

Great, looking forward to the email. Many thanks!

Message 9 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @jos.slawatycki & @Anonymous,

The email correspondence has been scheduled this week & should hit all email accounts assigned to receive it by next week, so check your inbox for an Autodesk email. Some edu customers will not receive this email, but will have access to the product when it is released starting Oct. 31st. 

The email statement: 

"Coming Soon Autodesk ReCap Photo
Last, Autodesk® ReCap Photo™ software will be available for students, educators, and education institutions on October 31, 2017. ReCap Photo includes expanded photo-to-3D capabilities and new features supporting drone and UAV workflows. ReCap Photo is included with an EDU subscription to Autodesk® ReCap Pro™. Autodesk® ReMake™ software is no longer be available as a stand-alone offering to students, educators, and educational institutions. Learn more about these changes."

Thank you. 

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

Hello,

I'm getting a bit frustrated with the support. I have an Edu account. downloaded Recap Pro.

Installed and signed in. It asked to start a trial, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same thing.

Spoke to the very helpful Luis C on the Live Chat, he remoted in, had a look. signed in

and his ID came up with "Educational Licence" and unlocked the software options.

I created a new ID using my Uni account and Uni IP, same thing "start Trial". I installed

it and tested it at another site with the new Edu ID and still get the "Start trial" option.

Luis said he would close the support job and open another to look at my ID's. So far I have

just have links sent to me that I have already seen. Can someone explain:

what the fix is?

Look at my ID's justkirk@gmail.com & k.rutter@fashion.arts.ac.uk and check the settings?

I was planning to show students this starting from next week and have been trying to get

this resolved for a while now.

many thanks.

Kirk.

PS my ollegue just signed up, installed and got "subscribed" even though she signed up for an Edu licence????

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

5 days and still no replay or support?

Message 12 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome & sorry for the frustration but it may be because you don't yet have access to it. 

Please review this post to register to ReCap Pro with ReCap Photo on the Educational Community. 

Then, try the following steps to download & activate ReCap Pro & ReCap Photo.  

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 13 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Please let us know if this worked out & if you need us to provide some more guidance. 

Thank you.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous

No, this is still not sorted. To be honest this has been one of the worst

support expeirences I've ever had dealing with a lareger company.

The buck has been passed, I've been sent the same link over and over.

Does the account swutch from "30 day Trial" to "Educational licence"

after the trial finishes? I keep getting conflicting information.
Message 15 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I am so sorry to hear the experience has been unpleasant. I will try my best to explain & help you. 

A 30day Trial of any Autodesk product is separate from an Educational license of the software. 

Follow these steps: 

1. Sign-in or Create an account by visiting the Autodesk.com website under "Menu" then “Students & Educators”.

edu site log in.png

2. On the left of the page click the “Get Free Software” link, then "All Products". 

Get Free Software - edu site.pngAll Products - edu site.png

3. Select the Product Version year, Operating System, and Language from the drop-down 

3. Try the "Browser Download" download all parts & wait for files to extract

Activate ReCap Pro & ReCap Photo.  

Recap_interface.png

4.  Sign-in at the top of the window 

Recap_activate_Pro.png

5. Then Select the "start trial or activate", then type your Educational Serial Number & Product key 

Hope this is helpful, let us know if you have any questions. 

PleaseAccept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous

Product: Hello I have follower these steps and get this error (I've used * to hide the serial numbers) :

Autodesk ReCap Pro
Serial Number: ***-xxxxx***
Product Key: 91***
[X] Your online activation request could not be processed.

Click the "Try again" link to resubmit the online request. If the problem persists, you may click the "Use another method" link to complete the necessary forms and submit your request using email, fax, or other options.

Try again
Use another method

Message 17 of 22
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous

In this case, please make sure you do the following the steps below to activate online for some reason you can not activate online that is why you are receiving this error. 

1. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  2. An internet connection is required to activate, every 30days you should be connected to the internet at some point (to verify your license & use the software) Adjust your proxy settings, to allow access during the install & first launch, also make sure you have an uninterrupted connection. You can try another Wifi network location for better internet access 
  3. If the online method does not work & you need a activate code for offline activation, fill out this form with the educational support team or use Register.autodesk.com

Thank you for posting. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 18 of 22

I'm having the issue of Recap Photo reading my educational license and not my commercial license.  I can change to the commercial license in Recap Pro, but not in Photo.  I was told by an Autodesk representative that they cannot terminate my educational license (which seems odd), and so now I'm unable to access things such as my commercial credits for processing jobs.  Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Message 19 of 22
natasha.l
in reply to: gvanderheide

Hello @gvanderheide

You can try a reset of the licensing & activate with your commercial credentials. Please follow the steps in this article, you will be removing the Recap Pro 2018 product key folder (919J1_2018.0.0.F)

License Reset (2017 & newer products). After you complete the steps you will be able to activate the application with the commercial application credentials on the "Let's Get Started" screen. 

Please let us know how this turns out & remember to "Accept As Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 20 of 22
natasha.l
in reply to: gvanderheide

Hello @gvanderheide

Where you able to conduct the steps & resolve the problem? 

Please let us know. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report