Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

93 REPLIES 93
Message 1 of 94
Anonymous
25699 Views, 93 Replies

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

I'm using Sketchbook Pro 7 (not the subscription version, licensed) on Windows 10 using a Surface Pro 3. The cursor is aligned with the pen but the line is drawn offset by half the screen. I thought this might be an issue in Windows 10 but it works fine in Photoshop. 

93 REPLIES 93
Message 61 of 94
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hold down the icon for sketchbook pro go to properties and change compatibility  disable display scaling on high dpi and run windows compatible to windows 8

Message 62 of 94
Anonymous

I installed the latest update for Sketchbook Pro 7 and the alignment problems with the pen on a Surface Pro 3 are fixed. YAY! But pinch and zoom is still broken. WTF man?! Pinch and zoom will cut out randomly causing the canvas to get stuck at whatever zoom percentage you're currently on. No, before anyone else suggests running the program in Windows 8 compatibility mode, this has never worked for the pinch and zoom problem even when I first mentioned it weeks ago. You know, at this point I'm really starting to regret buying Sketchbook Pro 7. I'm regretting it so much I bought ArtRage from Steam today because Sketchbook Pro 7 for Windows 10 has proven to be totally unreliable. 

Message 63 of 94
Anonymous

it is driving me nuts - i tried the change dpi scaling and the other suggestions and it just isn't donng what iwant

Message 64 of 94
Anonymous

I have had this same problem but with Sketchbook Pro 6 with Windows 10. I hope there's a fix coming soon.

Message 65 of 94
Anonymous

hello all, ive had the same issue since upgrading to windows 10. however i have fixed the mouse scroll and in order to do so, follow these directions;

1. Go to mouse and touch pad settings on windows 10 search bar or control panel under devices.

2. look for " Scroll inactive windows when i hover over them" and make sure it is off!.

3. load up sketch book and youll be able to zoom in and out with mouse scroll.

enjoy 😄

Tags (1)
Message 66 of 94
Anonymous

I just got a surface pro 4. Installed my old like ensemble of sbp 6, ran fine. Upgraded to 6.2.7, ran fine. Tried demo of 7 subscription, ran fine. Bought 7 perpetual on sale... offset 😞

Did the dpi scaling thing.... no good. Not only is it lame to have everything so tiny, but the calibration is off compared to all other apps leaving the cursor ever so slightly below and to right of pen tip.

I contacted support, I hope there is a fix, I really love this app. If not, I'm asking to be refunded and sticking with 6.2.7
Message 67 of 94
Anonymous

Just got the upgrade 7.x from support and it solved my issues.

Sketchbook on the i7 Surface pro 4 is great 🙂
Message 68 of 94
Anonymous

There is an update for 7 that you must install for it to work correctly
with Windows 10.
Message 69 of 94
Anonymous

It is a bit silly that you can buy this product now, new... and when you go to download it you will get a link to 7.0 which has all the bugs and issues. Yet version 7.2.1 is available since August of 2015?

And checking your available upgrades via your autodesk profile reveals nothing at all 😮

This is the latest version which works relatively well on Windows 10, Surface pro 4. Though it is not entirely stable. Undo glitches out from time to time, and it seems to occasionally not recognize multi finger gestures (could be windows though)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/sketchbook-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk...
Message 70 of 94
Anonymous

Open File Location, right click on the Sketchbook Pro 7 software, then click Troubleshoot compatibility. When prompted, select "Troubleshoot Program" (Second option). Then, when prompted, click "The software opens but doesn't display correctly" (Or something along that line, I'm not certain, but again second option). Test the program and save. The pen will only be slightly off but it is much better than before, and the pressure sensitivity still seems to work fine.

Hope this helps!!

Message 71 of 94
Anonymous

I bought the Sketchbook Pro 7 and the link they provided for download is an error page.  I can't contact anyone at autodesk to help.  Any suggestions on how to get this download?  Can't find it anywhere on my account.  Pissed.

Message 72 of 94
Anonymous

Amazon. Get it cheap.
Message 73 of 94
Anonymous

Already paid for it.
Message 74 of 94
Anonymous

Then I don't know what else to do...
Message 75 of 94
Anonymous

Here is the fix.

It worked for me....I was having the same issues as everyone else. My cursor was fine but wacom stylus was off by an eighth of an inch from cursor.

I went here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/sketchbook-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk...

No more problem. I run Win 10. Sketchbook 7.2.1 (above link) on a 22hd cintiq. Works fine now......I was panicked for awhile. Thanks for the fix Autodesk.

Message 76 of 94
Anonymous

This worked perfectly. I followed the steps but selected program doesn't install or run correctly and chose Windows 7 compatibility settings and it worked. I'm on a Windows Surface Pro with Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

Message 77 of 94
Anonymous

Does anyone know if this problem been solve, i just buy the laptop and the software , first day it was ok but in the second day i have this problem.

Message 78 of 94
Anonymous

By the way the sketchbook membership is workingperfect but only sketchbook pro7

Message 79 of 94
Anonymous

How do I get to the compatibility settings?

Message 80 of 94
Anonymous

If you open program location and then right click on it, troubleshoot
compatibility should be there. If you played around with the properties,
you might find hide high DUI scaling. Checking that also works. In my
opinion, that works better

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report