Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

93 REPLIES 93
Message 1 of 94
Anonymous
26287 Views, 93 Replies

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

I'm using Sketchbook Pro 7 (not the subscription version, licensed) on Windows 10 using a Surface Pro 3. The cursor is aligned with the pen but the line is drawn offset by half the screen. I thought this might be an issue in Windows 10 but it works fine in Photoshop. 

93 REPLIES 93
Message 2 of 94
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. I have the same problem! After the W10 Update my sketchbook pro 7 (licensed version) is not working fine, In fact, as you said the cursors and the point of start of my draw are not in the same spot. And also when i start Sketchbook pro 7 i get a notification that says "The video driver may not be installed correctli, canvas rotation is not supported!"
I am sure that is a compatibility problem, but I ask you to resolve it as quickly as possible please 

Message 3 of 94
Anonymous

Same here, Manga studio works fine... You should go back to windows 8 for a while...

Message 4 of 94
Anonymous

Running into the same problem. 

If you go into the Compatibility Settings of SBP7 and tick on 'Disable device scaling for high DPI settings' the strokes will once again match the pen, but this still doesn't solve the problem at its core. Strokes will remain tiny even when you're using a brush setting that should be big, and I can't quite tell if its even using pen pressure. Rotating the device will also have no effect still.

Hopefully it will get addressed because this was my favorite drawing program on 8.1, but for the moment all that fun is gone. 

Message 5 of 94
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue too after the Windows 10 update. I downloaded the membership version to compare and that works fine, same with Sketchbook for tablet. Don't know why the licensed version s doing this. 

Message 6 of 94
Anonymous

The screen is zoomed in 150%, go to system/display and change it to 100%... The pen works fine, but everything is smaller... 😞

Message 7 of 94
Anonymous

I hope this problem will be solved as soon as possible. you know through what you updates sketchbook pro 7? if the problem should be patched i need to download the new patch manually or is automatically downloaded through the softwere?
Message 8 of 94
Anonymous

I contacted Sketchbook support...

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the offset issue within Windows 10 and have a fix which will be available shortly."

Message 9 of 94
Anonymous

Awesome! But like I said, just turn the resolution from 150% to 100% and everything should work... Smaller

Message 10 of 94
Anonymous

Arrgh! I'm having the same issue. The zooming has no effect, neither does the compatibilty mode solution. 

Guess I just won't be using SKP for a while. Very disapointing.

Message 11 of 94
Anonymous

I have reverted back to Windows 8.1 for the time being. Quite easy to do.

Message 12 of 94
Anonymous

changing the compatibility to Windows 7 worked for me! I had upgraded from Windows 7 and was having the same problem.

Message 13 of 94
Anonymous

Sadly, that didn't work for me. Upgraded from 8.1
Message 14 of 94
Anonymous

If you go to the actual program (right click on the tile or the icon in the applications list and select open file location, then again for the shortcut there) then rightclick and select 'trouble shoot compatibility', select 'the display looks wrong' choice (second option). It should say that it's detected a problem with DPI scaling. Test the app, then save the settings if it worked.

I've just done that and it seems to fix the problem on Win 10 for me. I can live with it until Autodesk patches the actual problem.

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 94
Anonymous

Hmmm! Windows recommended setting it back to Windows 8, which didn't work for me. I tried doing the DPI scaling setting and that also didn't work. I guess since I upgraded from Windows 7 setting back to that was what was needed.

Message 16 of 94
Anonymous

Thanks, but I already tried that. Have gone back to 8.1

I will wait until update.

Message 17 of 94
Anonymous

Yeah, I was just going to post that while the DPI fix does 'work'... it really doesn't work well. I find that if I lift my pen and put it down again, it's off... and I'm having a hell of time just controlling the line in terms of where it goes and how it responds to pressure.

Looks like I have to decide between waiting and rolling back myself.

Message 18 of 94
Anonymous

hi

greetings from indonesia

i also have the same issue as well with my sketchbook pro (i'm using surface pro3)

but win10 is way too attractive to be changed back to win8 & i like win10 looks

so what i do, i will change the display down to 100% when i want to draw

and change back (bigger) to 150% when i wanna use it for other works

not too practical, but it works for me for time being

my question is when we get notified with the up

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm using Sketchbook Pro 7 (not the subscription version, licensed) on Windows 10 using a Surface Pro 3. The cursor is aligned with the pen but the line is drawn offset by half the screen. I thought this might be an issue in Windows 10 but it works fine in Photoshop. 

august, 4th 2015

Message 19 of 94
Anonymous

How will I know that the program have been fixed? I will be notified, or I'll have to search manually?

Message 20 of 94
Anonymous

I was surprised ( not sure why ) that he program would work 99% when updating to Windows 10. I do like the fact it did for the most past since I used it daily for art work and such. The issue of the mis-aligned canvas pen location was frustrating to say the least but was solved ( until patch ) by making it run Windows 7 compatibility in the shortcut settings. It does put alittle more strain on the system and makes it warmer than normal but I think I can handle it until the patch comes out. BTW I am using:

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with 8gb Ram with the surface pen. I do not find any issues with the Sketchbook Pro 7 when using the compatibility setting change I mentioned above.

Hope this helps other in the mean time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report