Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

93 REPLIES 93
Message 1 of 94
Anonymous
26286 Views, 93 Replies

Sketchbook Pro 7 Windows 10

I'm using Sketchbook Pro 7 (not the subscription version, licensed) on Windows 10 using a Surface Pro 3. The cursor is aligned with the pen but the line is drawn offset by half the screen. I thought this might be an issue in Windows 10 but it works fine in Photoshop. 

93 REPLIES 93
Message 41 of 94
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like i spoke too soon. Running Sketchbook Pro 7 in Windows 7 compatibility mode fixes the pen calibration issue but I cant pinch and zoom. I only just found out about the new issue because I was running Krita all day. Looks like Krita is the program to use until this mess gets sorted.

Message 42 of 94
Anonymous

Yeah, thanks Androidinvaders, noticed the touch pan/zoom not working in this mode.

Support have now escalated the issue, which I suppose is a good thing. I got some feedback and they suggested using the Win7 compatibility mode workaround, so I told them about the touch pan/zoom issue in this mode. Hope they'll release soon, sticking with Painter for now.

"Thanks for contacting us. We know of the problem and are working on a solution which will be available for download shortly.
In the mean time, there is a in term solution you could try. Requires you to change the compatibility setting to Win 7. To do so, locate the SketchBook icon within your desktop, right click and select Properties.

Now select the Compatibility tab, checkbox the "run this program in compatibility mode" and select Windows 7.
Apply the setting and reboot the system. Retest SketchBook. I created a short video as well along with an image of the location for you.
Thanks for using SketchBook Support,

Comp Mode.MOV

compatibility setting.png

Message 43 of 94
Anonymous

I am also having this issue. Ran around and tried all sorts of things. After I realized for certain that it was not hte wacom because it works in every other program I realized it had to be sketchbook. Glad I found this forum thread regarding it. I have tried the compatability mode fix but it doesn't work for me, it is still a bit off 😞 

Message 44 of 94
ampster40

"Maybe it's an issue because every other application that I need, worked after I updated to Windows 10." I get it now, since everything else worked - it's perfectly OK to expect everything should work. Yeah - whatever. I don't. Good Luck.
Message 45 of 94
Anonymous

Just done the thing with the properties back to windows 8. Seems to work. After 10 days without Sketchbook Im alittle relieved, in the meantime I've been using Mypaint, a fairly limited programm but the brushes are excellent, had a lot of fun, lots of pics, the stylus response is unparelleld...makes me think. I spend hours every day drawing (mostly retired) and the frustration at the failure by sketchbook sits pretty heavily. Mypaint is fun and delivers great resultrs. As a first time poster: Hello everyoubody, greetings from Barry in Germany.
Message 46 of 94
Anonymous

Seems I spoke too soon. I've just been trying to do some sketches and still the cursor doesn't line up with the drawn line, at first I thought it did when working slowly and at a high magnification, but then.... as the sketching sped up inaccurasies had me clenching my arms to try and push the line with boy english. As you might guess that don't work. and is very tiring. So, Autodesk, when? I don't see Krita as an alternative, and bouncing things around between Mypaint and Gimp (yes, bloody Gimp) has cut my productivity drastically. Please please please
Message 47 of 94
Anonymous

I reverted back to Windows 8.1. I'm sitting tight until they fix it, then
I'll go back to Windows10.
Message 48 of 94
Anonymous

Heey guys,

I got the same problem. Before windows 10 I used windows 7 and everything was fine, but now when I try to draw my pointer and my actual drawn line are not accurate. By disabling windows ink the problem was solved but my pen had no pressure control.

BUT NOW I GOT THE SOLUTION THAT REALLY HELPED ME:

- Go to your Sketchbook pro 7 application (Mine was at C:/program files/Autodesk/Sketchbook pro 7/)

- Right click your application and click "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

- Click "Troubleshoot Program"

- Click "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now" and chose your previous windows version

- Test the program, if everything went good Sketchbook pro should work correctly

- Close Sketchbook pro, click next and click "Save the settings for this program"

- And then you are finished

I hope this will work for you guys!!

Message 49 of 94
Anonymous

Can you let us know if that holds up over time? I tried GIMP again and jeez that interface is godawful. Krita is okay but I need Sketchbook. I installed Sketchable and Sketchbook for tablets just to get some things started at least. Smiley Sad I was trying to avoid Photoshop CC but I might have to make a move if the situation doesn't improve soon. 

Message 50 of 94
Anonymous

Well that finally semms to work. I followed the procedure described by Jari Kemna and went back to windows 7, the first time I tried I went back to windows 8.1 and that didn't work. Strange, because I've only ever had iwndows 8.1 on this computer, never 7. I've now just restarted and checked and it does seem to be holding up. So, thanks for the support and best of wishes to all the sketchers out there.
Message 51 of 94
Anonymous

Yey! Looks like they fixed the offset drawing bug in Sketchbook, there's an update available and now it works fine in Windows 10!
Tested on Windows 10 Pro + Cintiq 24HD

Version 7.2.1 build 2015 07 28 13 00 (Build ddcf315) update here:

Message 52 of 94
Anonymous

thanks for posting this...I just purchased a cintiq companion 2 and immediately updated to windows 10 before installing sketchbook pro 7.  I am having the same issue with my stylus and just spoke with wacom...they did say it is a sketchbook issue and that I should be okay using the free version until they update....glad I found this forum, though, thank you everyone for the input!!! Sketchbook is definitely my favorite program to use.

Message 53 of 94
Anonymous
Message 54 of 94
Anonymous

Ok.. first off, I'm VERY happy and grateful for the fix.

BUT...

I just finished rolling back to Windows 8.1 because I couldn't wait any longer to get some artwork done. Arrrgh.

This is why communication is important.

Has anyone confirmed that the fix works on a Surface Pro 3? I really don't want to upgrade again for nothing...

Message 55 of 94
Anonymous

Yes it's working now plus a couple of new brushes come with the upgrade.

Message 56 of 94
Anonymous

I am using wacom cintiq 2 and had the same issue. you can fix it by running the screen text size at 100% instead 150%. but now its off by a couple of pixels.

Message 57 of 94
Anonymous

Yes. The fix works. I rolled back to Windows 8.1, and waited for the
update. Think you're right about poor communication. The update tool within
the program doesn't report update as available. I only found out about by
moaning on the Sketchbook Facebook page, and they replied. So I updated
Windows 10 and Sketchbook Pro, and its all good now.
Message 58 of 94
Anonymous

Could you give me a heads up when you find the fix?
RINGRAM030@GMAIL.COM
Message 59 of 94
Anonymous
Message 60 of 94
Anonymous

thankyou for the fix, it works perfectly again.
ringram030@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report