Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring License to New Computer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
191 Views, 3 Replies

Re: Transferring License to New Computer

I have a stand alone license for Autocad LT 2009 but the old computer it was on is dead.  I have the original PLU from when i put the license on the old computer.  Can that be used to create a new PLU for my new computer.  Also i don't know what the serial number is because it shows up as 000-0000000

Thanks,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

If you tried transferring the license from one system to another but the license doesn't get downloaded onto the new machine, it's due to one of the following:

• The same version of PC1 applications is not the same as on PC2
    • Serial Number mismatch between PC1 and PC2

That being said, once those issues are corrected on the destination machine (serial number, or software mismatch), you should be able to copy down the transferred license.

If after making the changes still doesn't work, just activate the software on the destination machine.

Note: If you activate the new machine, make sure you uninstall the software from the old machine along with deleting the following directories:

• C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
    • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

I never got a chance to export the license from the old computer before it died.  The PLU i have is the license i used to put on the old dead computer.

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

If you don't know your serial # you will have to contact (chat with) Autodesk customer service.   Without it you will not be able to activate your product.  Also AutoCAD LT 2009 is not really supported by any of the new operating system   Not saying it will not work but you may have issues installing and using the product.   It may be time for your to upgrade (rent) to a later version of LT..   

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report