Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2017 Student Edition Installation Error 1603, 1619

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
505 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Pro 2017 Student Edition Installation Error 1603, 1619

I'm installing Inventor on my desktop (had 2016 on laptop no problems) but I'm having trouble installing it. I would get this in the log file: 2016/8/26:13:51:46 Kaiwen DESKTOP-D43DINM Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2016/8/26:13:51:55 Kaiwen DESKTOP-D43DINM Install Autodesk® Material Library 2017 Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603 2016/8/26:13:51:55 Kaiwen DESKTOP-D43DINM Rollback Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1619 2016/8/26:13:51:55 Kaiwen DESKTOP-D43DINM Rollback Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1619 I looked in the help files, and I have tried clearing TEMP, disabling firewall, closing Microsoft products, reinstalling .NET, and restarting the computer. In addition, it looks like Visual C++ 2013 (12.0.30501.0) x86 x64 was installed today in the control panel, so I'm not sure whether it actually installed or not. The desktop meets the system requirements for the software, so I don't believe compatibility is the issue. I've seen a post saying to direct download the software online, but I don't see an option for that (probably since mine is student version). Is there anything I could try to fix this? Hardware: i7-6700 3.4Ghz 16GB DDR4 Nvidia 980TI Windows 10 x64 w/ Anniversary Update
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello thehappydude.roblox and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are seeing Error 1619 while trying to install a program. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Autodesk program installation fails

BIM 360 Add-in install error: "A newer version of this software is already installed"

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

I have already followed these steps when I looked through the forums, which
is why I decided to add a new post. If there were a direct download for the
student edition, I shouldn't have any problems. Thanks in advance!
Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

The issue is based on the method you're using..  The download is failing...

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you! This was the solution. I was under the impression that the Virtual Agent was only useful for downloading earlier versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report