Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline network - constantly asking for you to "connect to the internet"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jmvanstaden29RJF
342 Views, 6 Replies

Offline network - constantly asking for you to "connect to the internet"

Background: 

1 - Our file server and ADMS is on a dedicated offline server.

2 - We have 5 PCs running Autodesk, all showing exactly the same behavior. 

3 - We are required to keep everything on our inventor machines offline due to (misguided) company policy and (unfounded) security concerns , which we unfortunately have no control over. 

4 - We are only allowed to connect to the Internet once a month to allow Autodesk to verify the licenses. 

We have been struggling with this issue for a couple of months now. Whenever we start up in the morning we get the "Product license not found - Sign into Autodesk Account" error. Recently we get the "Connect to the internet" box, which then kicks you out if you just close it. Autodesk seemingly forgets that you have logged out. I have been able to circumvent this issue by not switching my PC off at all and just sleeping it. But once a month when I am forced to connect to the internet I open a pandoras box of issues.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 080739.png

LISCENCING ISSUES 001.PNG

We have had a ticket open with Autodesk but to no avail. They asked for our logs, but this is an issue that started when we moved over to Inventor 2024 (This has never been an issue with any previous versions of inventor). They gave us a couple of "solutions" (like reinstalling the license manager) but none are working. 

Is there anyone out there with a similar offline setup that successfully manages a group of licenses? 

We recently purchased Vault professional, is there any way that all of the licenses can be managed from the server, so that only the server has to be connected to the internet once a month? We have commercial single user vault and inventor licenses. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: jmvanstaden29RJF

@jmvanstaden29RJF wrote:

We recently purchased Vault professional, is there any way that all of the licenses can be managed from the server, so that only the server has to be connected to the internet once a month? We have commercial single user vault and inventor licenses. 

no Autodesk stopped selling Network Licenses this is not possible anymore with single user or Flex Token licensing

your IT dept needs to go through this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-URLs-protocol...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7
jmvanstaden29RJF
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren, thank you for the reply.

This is not a network issue, this is a likcensing issue. When we are connected to the internet everything works perfectly, the issue comes when we disconnect and try to continue working for our remaining "30 Days" of offline time. Autodesk simply "forgets" that we logged in yesterday. We have had mixed success with using the licensing tool and clearing login states etc.

We can't be the only company who works offline. There MUST be a solution.

Regards
Message 4 of 7

Yesterday I updated all the software with the updates that came out in July, now nothing is working. Sleeping the PC does not help. The entire office is forced to connect to the internet one by one and allow autodesk to sign in online. 

We sign in through Chrome, could it be that using a different browser would help?? 

I wish they never took the desktop app away and forced everything online. This is incredibly frustrating. 

Message 5 of 7

There's an article about offline use, but I guess you already read that? It doesn't list the 2024 versions, though. I would contact support again and point them to that article and ask why it doesn't work that way in your situation?

Message 6 of 7

Update: 

We have had Autodesk remote-in and they did the following:

* Windows updates 

* Autodesk updates 

* Uninstall and Reinstall the licensing tool 

This worked for my PC, but for some inexplicable reason the other 4 members of my team are still experiencing the same issues. My PC is the newest, so we think it may have to do with registry entries. We still don't have a viable solution at this time. 

Message 7 of 7

Any ideas what registry entries that might be? Export them from all machines and compare to the working one is what I would do...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report