Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14
AdeEFC
535 Views, 13 Replies

New Server

Hi We have recently got a new server installed.  I have installed the latest licence server manager on it and downloaded a new licence file.

I am having trouble getting the client machines to connect to the new server though. 

How do I tell the  Autodesk software on each machine to look for the new licence rather than the old one?

also I have tried installing Autodesk programs on my computer and they just wont find the licence. 

there is no problem with the network connecting to the server through windows explorer and I am using the new server to run other software via a Licence manager.  it just seems to be the Autodesk software that wont connect 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: AdeEFC

@AdeEFC

All existing machines must be redirected to the new license server by this system variable

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-s...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
robBouch
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hello @AdeEFC

Welcome to the community!

You should use the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable on the client machines as suggested by @Mark.Lancaster.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 14
robBouch

Hello @AdeEFC

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 5 of 14
AdeEFC
in reply to: robBouch

Hi it did work for a day but then I started getting this error Capture.PNGmessage on my License server, I have tried turning the fire wall off and seeing this that does anything.  I have tried downloading a new licence file and neither of these things worked. 

Message 6 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@AdeEFC

Go to Windows services on your server and locate the name of the services that you created.   Stop the services and go back to the license manager and start the services.  Does it work now?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 14
AdeEFC

Capture.PNGThanks for the reply mark.  when I try to restart the server is gives me the following message below

Message 8 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@AdeEFC

Provide the log file here..  Go to the config service tab and log location will be defined there.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 14
AdeEFC

Mark

Please find attached Log File 

Message 10 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@AdeEFC

There's nothing attached?  Did you reply via email?  If you did..  Attachments are automatically removed for security reasons.  Come back to the posting and attach there.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 14
AdeEFC

oh Not sure why it removed the attachment will try again 

Message 12 of 14
AdeEFC

Morning mark

I have just had a look at the debug file and it does not seem to have anything in it

Message 13 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@AdeEFC

A debug log file is never empty..   It always has something in it..

Mark Lancaster

Message 14 of 14
AdeEFC

Managed to get it working thanks for your help Mark 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report