Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018, can't enter serial number

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4242 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2018, can't enter serial number

Hello dear Maya-users,

please help me. I can't enter my serial number to run maya on my MacBook and I haven't found a solution for my problem jet.

This is the error message which appears:

Maya_Error.jpg

Thank you

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @rockbarin Welcome to the Community!

Could you try the solution in this link: Unable to intialize adlm: Internal Error Message:  Error Code: <-104> ? Hope it helps.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 9
lynn_zhang
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi @rockbarin 

Have you tried the solution to fix the error? Hope you were able to activate and run your Maya 2018. Let us know if you still need help!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hello, no, sorry. I'm struggeling with the first step. I can't find the .data file to delete.
Message 5 of 9
lynn_zhang

Hi @rockbarin 

Could you try and delete the following folders?

/Library/Preferences/Flexnet Publisher/FLEXnet

/Library/Application Support and delete the Flexnet Publisher

/Library/Frameworks/Adlm.framework

/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm

/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/ADUT

See the steps in Remove Autodesk Licensing Information. After you delete them, try reinstalling the product and see if it works.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 9
mdavis22569

Deleted didn't see it was Mac. Sorry

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

.................................delete

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I am so sorry but I am still struggling. in Library/Preferences there is no Flexnet Folder 😞 And also when I search for Flexnet, I can't find it.
Message 9 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous.

Please be sure to show hidden folders on your Mac. Then follow the steps outlined in this article Reset/Remove Autodesk Licensing Information. 

If this does not resolve it conduct a Clean Uninstall of the previous installation attempt & use the MSfixitTool to complete it & reinstall using the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account, following the steps in the post's solution. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report