Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Activation.. license server required?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1556 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Activation.. license server required?

Hello,  I am having trouble with activation of Inventor 2022 for classroom use.   If its not obvious, I am fairly new to Autodesk..

The instructor has registered and received 125 license for both Inventor and Revit.  We were able to create a silent deployment for Revit without any trouble and he was able to activate it on the first launch. 

Inventor has been a different story, we have tried rebuilding the deployment several times and get the same results. 

First:

Product License Activation says "You must activate your Autodesk Inventor Professional 2022 license.." and License status [1.1.0]

After clicking activate:

"Processing Error" and "The system encountered a problem registering or activating your product..."

And then after closing this window:

"Inventor cannot access your license."

"The most common reasons are 

-No internet access...

Here's what you can do:

-Check that you have internet access

-Stop/Restart the license server..."

There is a bit more in the error message, but the obvious thing is the license server.  Is this required?  We don't have one set up.  Any other tips welcome..

For what its worth, I have requests from different campuses (aka different licenses) for AutoCad, Inventor, Fusion, and Revit.  Can we avoid the license server or is it the best way?

Thanks in advance.. JF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Unless you have networked licenses, then you don't need a license server. 

Are you referring to the new 125-user licenses that are assigned to students? If so, these are stand-alone licenses and so do not need a license server.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Yes thank you, I believe the teacher licensed them correctly for student use. 

I find it interesting that the Revit deployment went so smoothly but Inventor will not activate.  

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?  

It would be nice if I could license everything through central office.  But it seems registration is done per school which means I need to build a deployment for each request at each school, correct?

Message 4 of 7
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

If you get an IT Admin Autodesk Education Account then you run multi-license-server setups with far larger licenses.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-license/choose-license-server-model

Yes - Licensing is typically done per institution. However, it may be worth reaching out to Education Support as they may allow you to have one single license if it's one overarching institution. (I'm based in the UK and we have multi-academy-trusts which are groups of schools with one overarching super-executive)

As for your error, are you seeing any error codes?

Can you provide a screenshot?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inventor-cannot-access-your-license.html 

Leo Warren
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you everyone for the tips.  We are hoping to avoid a license server if possible.  Still trying to determine that.

The second link from leo looks just like the issue experienced.  The licensing helper tool is much appreciated.

What is the best way to get in touch with education support for a quick response?  JF

Message 6 of 7
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

I can't guarantee a fast response but you can reach education support here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support

Be persistent, let me know if they try to pass you off.

Leo Warren
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Thanks again Leo.  I was able to get a prompt response in a chat session but they said each school must registered separately.  

As far as the activation errors, we eventually got it to work.  The instructor had several license numbers and after trying several deployment builds we found one that worked. JF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report