Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine Service - How to uninstall it? (I moved to a different machine)

118 REPLIES 118
SOLVED
Message 1 of 119
EricsUsername
340859 Views, 118 Replies

Genuine Service - How to uninstall it? (I moved to a different machine)

HOW TO UNINSTALL The ADSK Genuine Service ?

• I moved 3dsMax to a new computer.
• 3dsMax is no longer installed on that previously used computer.

• I want to remove the Genuine Service from the previously used system.

To whoever or whomever saves the say here.. I PRE-THANK YOU
IMO:  The "ADSK Genuine Service" should be smart enough to allow uninstall of itself when there's no longer any ADSK programs on the system.

118 REPLIES 118
Message 101 of 119
3113423RXVB
in reply to: natasha.l

this is cohersive to oblige a user to keep an app for 2 weeks in its computer until the app decided to leave.

Message 102 of 119

See reddit - these solutions look fantastic, probably even better than mine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Autodesk/comments/fwvijk/how_do_i_remove_autodesk_genuine_service_win10/

With that being said... here's mine...

This is my computer, to which Autodesk has no right. Here are the steps I took to Thanos-snap this irresponsible, clown-level malware written by infants into the plot right next to Internet Explorer.

1. Open Task Manager > Processes and sort by Name. Notice processes that relate to Autodesk Genuine Service. Select them and End task (kill by force).

2. Cut out all the cancer, namely all Autodesk Genuine files. A list of locations I found Autodesk in general had spread its roots into is listed below. If you let the Autodesk processes from step 1 run, then these files will be in use and unremovable.

3. Open Control Panel. Find Autodesk Genuine Service and Uninstall. In its weakened state, it will hopefully uninstall. Note that if you attempt this and it fails, then since the Autodesk program is run it will take that opportunity to reinstate its Process and recreate various files you may have deleted. So I suggest destroying them all before attempting this step.

C:\
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files
C:\ProgramData
%UserProfile%
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local
%AppData%

Message 103 of 119
inicomics
in reply to: EricsUsername

autodesk is herps 

Message 104 of 119
robains

Natasha,

My lawyer will be contacting your legal department.  There is no mention of a 2 week delay in removal of AutoDesk (any aspect) in the EULA.

Sincerely,

Message 105 of 119

Message 106 of 119
henkstubbe

If you ever want to reinstall that software, just don't install that genuine service crap.
While using a downloaded setup, find the manifest directory. For autocad the file is called app.acad.en-US.xml
Just find the <Packages>-section, and remove all the stuff you don't need.

"AutoCAD Activity Insights"? Junk. "Autodesk Save to Web and Mobile" Unneeded crap. "Autodesk Featured Apps" Ugh.
I can imagine that for 3dsmax this list will be a lot longer.

Message 107 of 119
thomas.rech

Message 108 of 119
patrikpajan

1) You can uninstall it directly from Add/Remove Programs
2) If you need to use command line, use
MsiExec.exe /X{AE03BA43-D561-4555-BAAE-D8B1D59AD03A}
3) If for any reason it has different GUID on your system, check the registry in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and search for "Genuine" -> then in the GUID key find value "UninstallString" -> that is your way to uninstall it

Message 109 of 119
patrikpajan

1) You can uninstall it directly from Add/Remove Programs
2) If you need to use command line, use
MsiExec.exe /X{AE03BA43-D561-4555-BAAE-D8B1D59AD03A}
3) If for any reason it has different GUID on your system, check the registry in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and search for "Genuine" -> then in the GUID key find value "UninstallString" -> that is your way to uninstall it

Message 110 of 119
georgeA52S6

Every Day you guys at Autodesk give me more reasons to drop this and just learn Blender

Message 111 of 119
jrlongDUVUT

This is not an answer... the question was how to uninstall.  The program needs to uninstall immediately not in two weeks. 

Message 112 of 119
gkrj4392

i want to uninstall all my autodesk accounts. i moved to another platform so dont need any of this mainly autodesk genunie service app.help me clean up this

Message 113 of 119
mc_qwerti10

This crappy virus is not working for me! It has been months since I had any auto desk software on this device and all the Autodesk licensing is permanently running on my pc. Doesn't let me uninstall or remove!??? WHAT IS THIS???
I WILL NEVER INSTALL ANYTHING FROM AUTODESK EVER AGAIN.

Message 114 of 119
saifribika
in reply to: patrikpajan

i did all the steps you stated but in the registry uninstall tab i can't find the genuine option what do i do now ??

Message 115 of 119
JannikB04
in reply to: walkermacy

As the Microsoft troubleshooter tool didn't work for me, thank you so much.
Issuing a software like this without telling users about it's malware-esque behavior beforehand is simply unacceptable, I hope Autodesk will make changes to this.
Message 116 of 119

This is the only solution worked for me

Message 117 of 119

That's great. I work in IT and am testing a deployment of Autodesk software. I need to be able to remove the software so that I can install it again after making changes. We don't have a sufficient VM handy for this or I'd just be able to roll it back. There needs to be a better solution than to wait for two weeks.
Message 118 of 119
penumdra

To anyone still facing this same issue, here is a solution that genuinely worked for me and my Windows PC! I am not a tech expert by any means, but this worked for me and I hope my explanation helps someone out there.

1. Install an uninstaller application. The one I used was the free version of Geek Uninstaller. I'd personally recommend that one. (It's silly that I had to install a whole other program just to uninstall this one, but whatever.)
2. Open up the uninstaller app. Its layout should look very similar to the "add or remove programs" panel.
3. In the uninstaller app, right click Autodesk Genuine Service.

4. Click on "Force Removal." (In apps other than Geek Uninstaller, it may be called something different or it may not have this function.)
5. Allow the program to remove and uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service and all of its leftover files.

That's it! Good luck! (-:

Message 119 of 119
penumdra

To anyone still facing this same issue, here is a solution that genuinely worked for me and my Windows PC! I am not a tech expert by any means, but this worked for me and I hope my explanation helps someone out there.

1. Install an uninstaller application. The one I used was the free version of Geek Uninstaller. I'd personally recommend that one. (It's silly that I had to install a whole other program just to uninstall this one, but whatever.)
2. Open up the uninstaller app. Its layout should look very similar to the "add or remove programs" panel.
3. In the uninstaller app, right click Autodesk Genuine Service.

4. Click on "Force Removal." (In apps other than Geek Uninstaller, it may be called something different or it may not have this function.)
5. Allow the program to remove and uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service and all of its leftover files.

That's it! Good luck! (-:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report