Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education licenses for Intermediate School (New Zealand) minimum age issue

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1008 Views, 11 Replies

Education licenses for Intermediate School (New Zealand) minimum age issue

I am a teacher at a public New Zealand Intermediate School. I teach digital design and work with students to design and create original products using traditional workshop tools, laser cutting, 3D printing and CNC routing. 

Our students are aged between 10 and 13 and used 123D up until one month ago. Now we have lost access to a suitable CAD programme because of the vast majority of students are too young to have an autodesk community account. 

I have worked with a trial group of students using a start up account and found that they were able to use 360 with a high degree of competency (most found it much easier than 123D). 

Is it possible for our school to register for an education account and have this minimum age modified to reflect the age of our students? This is a critical issue for us as a school because we would like for our students to use programmes that are used in at High Schools in our area and in industry should they go on to work in this field. 

Regards

Jesse

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

This is a user based support forum.  We have no legal standing on changing those rules or guidelines.    You will need to contact the Autodesk Educational Support team directly https://www.autodesk.com/education/support/edu-contact-us-form

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark, that is really helpful. I will contact them immediately.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Do you reach any resolution? We are facing the same issue.

Message 5 of 12
leowarren34

Are they installing the software onto their own devices? If not then you need to look at site/multi user license.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, we haven't resolved this issue yet. It remains a barrier to our use of
this software.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

I have gotten it sorted now (I think). Let me know how to contact you and I will talk you through the process we have used. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

How did you get this sorted?  In the same position.

Thanks,

S

Message 9 of 12
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

What's your current issue? This thread is on the older side.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  I use Fusion with High School but i'd like to use it with middle school as well.  Did you find a way to use it with grade 6 and 7 (Under 13 years old?) without breaching the Autodesk T&Cs? 

Thank you,

S.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

When we called into customer service they made a distinction between the community version and the school version. We were told that the age restriction of 13 did not apply to the community version but only to the school-based version.

I looked through the terms of service and privacy policy and what they told me checked out at the time. This was in the springtime of 2020.

With that in mind, you should still get parent and guardian permission when giving your student information out and only give the minimal amount of student information as needed, especially in a community version where they will not be as conscious of data protection guidelines that they would with the school based products.
Message 12 of 12
ayush_guha

I am in a similar situation, where do you download the community version from? Can someone provide a link?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report