Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education License Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thomaswhilbert
483 Views, 4 Replies

Education License Issues

Hi

I recently Installed AutoCAD 2022 using the Autodesk ID License type.

I can launch AutoCAD and sign in successfully when prompted.

We have a instructor (community college) who has just returned and they get prompted to begin a Trial Version when they sign in with their Autodesk ID.

** Does everyone need to go throught the eligibility confirmation in order to use the license? **

How about returning students who may have an Autodesk ID?  Will they have to upload a photo?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @thomaswhilbert,

Generally, if students want access to products then they will need to go through verification, which just means uploading an image of academic status. Education Status only lasts for 1 year, so any returners will need to follow the same process.

However, if students only need to access software on-site then it may be worth looking at network licenses which means they don't need to get verified, only an IT Admin does.

The other thing worth saying here is that there is now an enhancement allowing teachers to get 125 user licenses and assign them to students directly, bypassing any verification requirements for that specific product.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/announcing-a-faster-way-for-educators-to-get-s... 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 5

How dows one get a Network License? It was my understanding that going forward with version 2022 that Autodesk ID is the only method to license.  When I'm in "custom installs" I only see AutoCAD as an option when I choose Autodesk ID.

Message 4 of 5

Hi @thomaswhilbert,

For the commercial licenses, it is correct that Network Licenses have been ceased but for Education they are still currently available.

You need an Autodesk Education Account set up as an IT Administrator where you can request licenses and create license files. This role is selected when you create your account.

leowarren34_0-1629467206228.png

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 5 of 5

Hi

So I had autodesk support set my role to IT-Administrator and now I can download AutoCAD_2022_English_Win_64bit_dlm.sf with a 'School: Deploy without network server'.  This download just installs it on the host and no longer gives the option to build a deployment.  Support via chat to me to run it, sign in and then i should see the option to build a custom install with my new serial number. 

I do not see that option on option for serial number builds are Revit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report