Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D trial install - Toolspace option missing from the menu.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
655 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D trial install - Toolspace option missing from the menu.

Hi All,

A very newbie question here so apologies if it's been answered many times.
I have installed the trial version of Civil 3D with a view to setting up a subscription if successful.

There was an error during the install that stated some components weren't installed. I didn't note the error down as I had no idea of the significance.

I am slowly finding my feet with the software and have been using it primarily to utilise point cloud exports from other applications.

Unfortunately the toolspace option is completely missing from the menu and if I try to enter any toolspace related commands on the command like they are returning as unknown command. 

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall but still saw an error relating to components failing to install and still have no toolspace option.

I know it's a complex install and could have any one of a number of causes but if someone could point me in the the right direction I would be really grateful as I'm also rapidly running out of the trial period.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing in Civil 3D or a screencast video? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hiya,

Thanks for getting back me so quickly.
Attached is the screen I see on startup.
I've made no changes since the trial software install.
Any help will be really appreciated.
[image: image.png]
Message 4 of 6
mdavis22569

Nothing is showing attached 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I replied to the email with an inline attachment which is why it didn't appear.

In any event, I freed up some space on my machine, did a custom reinstall and left out some components I didn't want to trial and everything is working..

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
mdavis22569

So are you all set Frankie 

Not sure who you emailed .. 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report