Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed our Domain and now having issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aus-ias
528 Views, 3 Replies

Changed our Domain and now having issues

We changed the domain name of our network and servers, and are now having random issues with AutoDesk products.

• I have install new license files on the License server, and opened the correct ports
  • have removed and re-added all client computers to the new domain.
  • transfered all users to the new domian (not using roaming profiles, but using folder redirection)
  • Some users can login and run AutoDesk products, local admin can run the software as well, but other users can not. Even entering the ip of the license server does no good. I have also setup the system variable.
  • I have tied removing from domain and re-adding to domain, check and compare user permissions on home folders, all users have the same policies in place.
  • Have tried a reinstall with no luck
  • Dont want to reformat and reload computers as we are education institute and have over 60 to do.
  • Any ideas?
Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
christian
in reply to: aus-ias

Hi !

If local admin and some users can run AutoDesk products and others not (same product in same version with enough licenses of course...), it is probably a connection / communication problem between the workstations concerned and the license server

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-... 

Best regards

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: aus-ias

i recommend going through the above link but also can you ping the license server by name from the client machines?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 4
aus-ias
in reply to: christian

Problems solved, checked all licensing options and found that the license file was not configured correctly for multiple licenses.

Thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report