Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant install autocad on windows 7 64 bit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
6080 Views, 8 Replies

Cant install autocad on windows 7 64 bit

How come i cant install the product? I already disabled my antivirus and firewall.

this always pops-up when i try installing:

"Something is preventing the software from launching.  Please contact customer support."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello, what version are you trying to install. you can check requirements HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

@ennujozlagam wrote:

@Anonymous hello, what version are you trying to install. you can check requirements HERE. thanks

Hi ennujozlagam. Im trying to install autocad 2015 64-bit, autocad 2016 64-bit, and autocad 2017 64-bit. 

I tried installing the 32-bit installers, but it's not compatible with my pc.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

i tried all versions of autocad but suddenly it has same error, it says : something is preventing the software from launching. please contact customer support

Message 5 of 9
pendean

What does your I.T. say to do?
Message 6 of 9
jggerth

First off, do NOT choose the 'Install Now" option for getting the software.  Instead, do a full download (preferably a browser download in stead of the akamai download manager)

Then, and only then, after the package has fully downloaded, run the setup program.

Start with the lowest version of the software you are planning on installing, and after the first one is successful and working, download the next version.

If you encounter installation issues after the full download is running, post back

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

This problem happen to me every time a window is no longer support by Microsoft. I can't install autocad at all no matter what version of autocad and have to go buy a new computer or window. Autocad support  really need to fix this problem because we don't have money to keep buy a new computer every  time Microsoft stop support a window. You really need to stop Bill Gate and his Microsoft business from robbing us.

Message 9 of 9
mdavis22569

@Anonymous 

Microsoft supports a product for 10 years.     W7 came out in 2009. 

Autodesk doesn't say it won't work on W7, it say if there is a conflict with the Autodesk software that they resolve it on W7

Should they keep supporting XP too?      Computers are disposable work place items.  They last about 4-5 good years.  

I see more issues with the older Video Card than I do with W7 ...   

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report