Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsMax install "Autodesk Genuine Service did not install" Error: 1603

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3270 Views, 2 Replies

3dsMax install "Autodesk Genuine Service did not install" Error: 1603

Hello,

Looking for some help. Searched the forum but nothing has proven successful. I get the same error when trying to install either 2020 or 2021 version of 3dsMax.  It errors when trying to install the "Autodesk Genuine Service" - error code 1603.  From other posts, looks like I should be uploading the setup log file, so here goes.  I have updated to the most recent licensing service (10.1.1.66), also removed it and tried installing with LS (9.2.2.2501).  Same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The log file will not upload for some reason.  Suggestions on what is not working on that?

Message 3 of 3
Iory98
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I had the same problem for days now. I was able to install it.

You probably had a previous version of 3DS Max installed on your system, in which case, you already had  Autodesk GenuineService installed. What you have to do is locate GenuineService.exe on your drive (Users\YOUR USER NAME\Autodesk\Genuine Service) and run it. Then, you can go ahead with installing 3ds MAX 2020.

I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report