Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get AutoCAD 2017 to run on a new PC with Windows 11

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
graham
13011 Views, 21 Replies

Can't get AutoCAD 2017 to run on a new PC with Windows 11

I'm trying to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2017 on a brand new PC running Windows 11 and can't get it to run. The program starts to open and gets as far as  showing "AcConnectWebservices.arx".... It then pauses briefly and then the AutoCAD screen disappears and reverts back to the original Desktop view. 

I've been able to get Inventor 2017 to run on the same machine albeit with an issue of not linking to the Tutorials but at least it runs. I don't want to have too hang on to my old laptop just for the odd time that I use AutoCAD. I'm retired and can't justify going to subscription service.. 

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
jorgeseptien
in reply to: pendean

Thnks Pendean,

I actually found the problem and fixed it using your suggestion.  It was through your link that spoke about the libeay32_Ad_1.dll file.  I downloaded from the website you link to and copied it to three locations:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\CLM\V3\MSVC11\cliccore

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\CLM\V3\MSVC14\cliccore

But when I would start AutoCAD, I would get an unhandled exception error referring to accloudconne... . That is what I had asked.  But what I did is I went to another machine that had 2017 running properly on Windows 10 with all the latest updates and found two different libeay32_Ad_1.DLL's.  One that was from 1/28/2016 that was 1,126 KB in the two clicore folders and one from 5/9/2017 that was 2,046 KB in the AutoCAD 2017 folder.  I copied those files to the same folders in the new install and all is working properly.  So now 2017 is working properly on Windows 11.

Thanks Pendean for the lead.  I guess it was unique.  I am trying to get people off of 2017, but it is easier said than done. 

Jorge Septien
Message 22 of 22
mdavis22569
in reply to: graham

@jorgeseptien  Hopefully they don't update the PC .. and lose that DLL again 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report