Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can student version of AutoCAD 2017 active AutoCAD 2014?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
646 Views, 4 Replies

Can student version of AutoCAD 2017 active AutoCAD 2014?

Hi everyone,

I has a student license for AutoCAD 2017, can I use it to active AutoCAD 2014?
Because of some special reason, I need to check this out.
Please help if you have any ideal.

Best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You can simply go to the Education Community and get a 2014 AutoCAD activation from there 🙂 Go to this page, choose to download the product and select the 2014 version.

You will not be able to activate 2014 using 2017 activation information.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I just wanted to add to @camilo.lemos reply.

First..  If AutoCAD 2017 is already installed on this machine, you can't install AutoCAD 2014 unless you uninstall 2017 first.  Next..  Is there a reason why you need 2014?  Files created in AutoCAD 2013 to AutoCAD 2017 can be opened in any of these versions without issues or migration or save as needs.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi @camilo.lemos

Thanks for your help. Yesterday, I couldn't access Education Community by my account. Today, I try with another account of my friend, and I see options of AutoCAD version. The next thing is fixing my access issue and go ahead. Thank for your consideration.

Best regards.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi @Mark.Lancaster,

Thank for your note. I am preparing for a student regional competition that using AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor. For justice between competitor (user interface, feature, etc) so we decide to use version 2014. So, I need to check if we can access version 2014 for student to make sure about our choice.

Best regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report