Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Download Manager - keeps prompting me to download

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paul_kruger
1247 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Download Manager - keeps prompting me to download

When I try to download the Building Design Suite for 2017, I am only prompted with two options:

1. Download Now (fast)
  2. Browser Download (slowest)

When I choose option #1 "Download Now", it prompts me to download Autodesk Download Manager. I download and install the program. When I go back to click on "Download Now" it asks me to redownload the Autodesk Download Manager. This is what I've done after installing the Download Manager and before clicking "Download Now" again:

• relaunch Internet Explorer and login again
  • rebooted PC
  • cleared browser history
  • launched Download Manager >> then clicked on "Download Now"

No matter what I've done, it keeps prompting me to download the Download Manager. Any suggestions on fixing this? Or why the "fastest" option to download the software is not available for Building Design Suite Premium 2017?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: paul_kruger

@paul_kruger

Solution:

Download the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

• Once there, use Download Links and navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 4
paul_kruger
in reply to: Darin.Green

is this the only solution? This option seems the same as if I were to choose "browser download", am i correct?

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: paul_kruger

Hello @paul_kruger,

The Browser Download method is a slower process but offers better results by offering a better chance of a complete download resulting in a smooth install of your product. Check out the Virtual Agent as @Darin.Green mentioned it offers download links. 

Please let us know if you have some more questions. Thank you for participating in the community! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report