Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad installation error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
510 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad installation error

Im having trouble installing autocad. I've tried downloading from AVA. Windows 7 is a fresh install.

Installation ends when direct X runtime starts installing. 

I've uploaded the installation temp file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Welcome. 

Based on the log it is failing on the AutoCAD core product with a 1603 error. This is a generic error that can happen for several reasons. 

Please try to uninstall & reinstall by following the steps below: 

1. Make sure your new Windows 7 has the SP1 update applied & verify the Windows 7 OS is fully functioning (you may need to reinstall the OS)
  2. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the previous installation attempts & use the MSfixitTool to complete it
  3. Reboot the computer & log in as Administrator 
  4. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  5. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  6. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

Let us know how it turns out. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l

Two (2) posting about the same thing: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autocad-installation-error/m-p/7831511#M200594

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report