Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

99 REPLIES 99
SOLVED
Message 1 of 100
Anonymous
71880 Views, 99 Replies

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

I'm having trouble installing AutoCAD 2014 ...

After proceeding with the download, the loading task bar fails when it reaches 98% with the report, "Aborted. (Error 9)."

This is the first time I've had trouble downloading anything from Autodesk. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate any correspondence. Thanks!

99 REPLIES 99
Message 61 of 100
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Where did you try to download/install the product? From your Autodesk account?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 62 of 100
Anonymous

hmm i guess i have the same issue, and i have read all the comments and tried them all. but it still didnt work. However i havent tried to install it with administration right, So can anyone tell me how to do it? thank you. 

Message 63 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Yes I downloaded, "install" from my account

Under Simulation Mechanical there are two SW dwnloads, Vault basic and Sim Mech.

Do I need to install Vaullt Basic first? We use vault for workgroups

Also, there is no options to Dwnload or Install only Install, and cannot change 32/64, only choice is 64

Once the dwnload is complete I initiate the installation, either as Admin and reqular. The instalation initializes, reaches 100% and stops with- "Aborted: Error 9"

Can I down load an ISO or full version somewhere? We will be using Networked licenses

Update: Even the Vault Basic install Fails with error showing "Network Failure:.

So it appears the problem is in comunicating to your server once the web installer is downlaoded

Message 64 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Mr @matthew.d ,
I am having the same trouble.
For your info, I have just registered my account with official autodesk website and also registered under the educational purpose since I am a student.
After registered and verify all the emails, I tried to download the educational version for 2016 CAD. However Error9 appear when once its starts downloading.
I even tried to download version 2015 and 2014. But the error remains the same.
Can you help me? I urgently need the software to do my assignments.
Thank you.
Message 65 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

hi, you can download / install the autodesk product  in website http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

Message 66 of 100
Anonymous

Hello,

I tried the Virtual Agent download. After downloading, I run the file and the Download Manager pop up to extract the files. I think it is suppsoe to load but it won't. So I'm stuck again.

Message 67 of 100
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It sounds like you need to extract the files. Did you unzip them?

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you try downloading from the virtual agent with your antivirus off.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 68 of 100
Anonymous

Thank you 🙂

Message 69 of 100
Anonymous

I downloaded the AutoCAD 2016 Student Version and it appears that the installation is aborted "Error 9". Please help me, I really need to use this software for my studies. Thank You in advance 🙂

Message 70 of 100
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about that, have you tried the previous suggestions?

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 71 of 100
Anonymous

i still can't get rid of this errors. Please help me. i try and deleted all the "autodesk" folders in my C: but still nothing changes. what should i try next?

Message 72 of 100
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 73 of 100
Anonymous

In my case I just disabled the antivirus temporaly and it worked. Maybe u have the same problem

Message 74 of 100
Anonymous

please help me, i cannot install autodesk 3ds max 2016 for student version. always error when i downlod it

Message 75 of 100
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

Are you have the same error, error 9 or a different install issue?  

Anyhow, review the verbiage below the line/above my signature and follow those steps to download and install your application.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 76 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Your comments are very helpful to me . Thank you
Message 77 of 100
Anonymous

I don't know if this is the same as the others, but mine happened after opening the downloaded file provided by autodesk. I didn't even have a chance to place the product key and serial number.

Message 78 of 100
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you already tried disabling your antivirus and installing from the virtual agent?

Matt DiMichele

Message 79 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Thanks for the help
Message 80 of 100
Anonymous

Check out the given link for detailed AutoCAD installation procedurehttp://trainingchennai.com/how-to-install-autocad.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report