Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

99 REPLIES 99
SOLVED
Message 1 of 100
Anonymous
71874 Views, 99 Replies

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

I'm having trouble installing AutoCAD 2014 ...

After proceeding with the download, the loading task bar fails when it reaches 98% with the report, "Aborted. (Error 9)."

This is the first time I've had trouble downloading anything from Autodesk. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate any correspondence. Thanks!

99 REPLIES 99
Message 21 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

it is now starting to download i hope it will be installed soon .. kudos this ! thanks
Message 22 of 100
Anonymous

I can't do that because your advice did not help at all. Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? really need the software pls.

@DuncanBrannan82 wrote:

Is this the error of which you speak... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-R...

Did you download the product via the Autodesk Virtual Agent... http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk... if not it might be worth redownloading the file.

Message 23 of 100
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the issue maybe connected to your broadband. Do you have a cap on your download? It might be worth you trying to use Download Manager to download the product in stages so you dont use all of your broadband cap. Download Manager has the ability to pause the download so you can continue another day.

Try using Download Now and remember to do it in stages... i'd be interested to hear if this fixes things for you.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/download-method...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 24 of 100
ukdxb012

Message 25 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Error 9 = there is a folder or filename "Autodesk" in your disk C.

Before installing autocad make sure to remove all folders or files with name "Autodesk" in C.

No problem after doing this lol

Sincerely yours.

Message 26 of 100
Anonymous

Will the procedure using virtual agent work for the educational version?

Message 27 of 100
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The Virtual Agent procedure will work with educational versions. The only extra step will be activating the product using the serial number and product key provided by the Education Community upon your first download attempt in the Community.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 28 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks man it works! 

Spoiler

Message 29 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

we have a problem with the instalation of  Autocad 2016,trial version because, we download the pack file, and when we execute this one, automatically says error 9 aborted, please tell us the steps to correct the mistakes.

Thanks

Message 30 of 100
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried all of the previously posted suggestions?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 31 of 100
Anonymous

hi! thanks for your quickly answer, yes, in fact, we did some of things written here, but, the problem continues

Message 32 of 100
Anonymous

search these terms "Autocad" or "Autodesk" in your disk C and remove all corresponding's files.
tell me for the result.
Have fun
Message 33 of 100
Anonymous

just wanted to inform you that it can't be an issue with Key Or Registration, because I don't even have the program installed yet. I am trying to install the TRIAL VERSION that should not require any activation so this information regarding Error 9 is incorrect.
Message 34 of 100
Anonymous

i get the same trouble, i tried to download autocad 2016 education.. help Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 100
Anonymous

Hi you,
To solve "error 9" you should make 2 step:
1. Uninstall all previous auto cad.
2. Make sure empty folder %tempt % (in Run window).
Now you can install new auto cad software.
Regard.
Message 36 of 100
Anonymous

Message 37 of 100
Anonymous

Try running the setup as an administrator. worked for me
Message 38 of 100
Anonymous

Thanks a lot

Message 39 of 100
Anonymous

hi i seem to face similar problem. here is what i did so i can install the student free trial

i deleted all files that contain autoca from previous installation. i turn off the firewall and uac.

i unabled to downlooad it even all steps are done. can u help me with it?

Message 40 of 100
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Make sure to keep your contact information up to date using Register Once, where you can add an account with your current information, register products to that account, and delete your old accounts, or those with outdated information.

If you are still experiencing the issue:

Educational users: please submit a request for assistance with the education community.

Subscription users: please submit a case with activation and registration.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report