Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2016 license expired

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
6932 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2016 license expired

When our students came in this morning and launched AutoCAD Architecture & Mechanical 2016 it states "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager". Once we click "close" on that screen it states "Your license is invalid. Please contact your local authorized AutoCAD dealer". We are an education institution using the free version of the software. I read a support article stating that said after 3 new versions of the software the software may stop working. From what I can tell that should not be the case as version 2016 would be the 3rd version.  We are currently having issues installing the latest version 2019 as it states "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software published". I am trying to download the Windows x64 English version which is what our computers are running and I get this error. When I try to download and install the 2018 version it lets me get further but it fails at the very beginning of the install stating "An error occured while installing this product:" The log does not tell us much either.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Where did you find your information after 3 versions it stops working?   Educational license are good for 3 years..  So is your 2016 product license now expired?  Check your license file information here: http://www.licenseparser.com/

If it is, you need to go back here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured, select your product, sign in and request it.  From there generate a new license file and update your license manager to version 11.14.1.3 (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-license/download-the-network-license-manager)

Update:  For the installation aspect...  There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

It seems as though it could be over 3years since you activated the Educational license of AutoCAD 2016, if it is expired you will have select a newer version for your next 3year term. The IT Admin would generate a new license file & update the Network License Manager. 

You can Download and Install for Educational Institutions & locate the information you need to set this up. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue or received the answer you needed. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report