Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no longer a student, can i reinstall?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
612 Views, 2 Replies

no longer a student, can i reinstall?

i downloaded 3ds max 2016 back when i was a student at uni, however i have now graduated meaning im not a student. 3ds max still seems to be working, but i was wondering if i uninstalled it would i be able to reinstall it in the future? also will the 3dsmax 2016 work forever or is there a limit? thanks 😃

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

A student requested license is only good for 3 years.   However once you graduate or leave (with no intention of returning) you forfeit the right to use and/or have the software installed (no matter how much time is left on your 3 years license).   Which means you can no longer request a free educational license or reinstall it later on.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please be aware that if you are not an eligible student you no longer qualify for the Free Software Educational Program. You should review the following,"Who is Eligible for an Individual Educational License?

Also, review usage terms: 

Educational Licenses & Terms

"Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the software license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services.  Software and cloud-based services subject to an Educational license may be used solely for Educational Purposes and shall not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes."

Please conduct a clean uninstall or reset the licensing (when switching to a commercial license). 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report