Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrain overlay at coordinates

Terrain overlay at coordinates

I use terrain overlays very often. Sometimes in the early stages of the build of the model, but some things I keep for the final model as well. These overlays are always .dwg files where everything is drawn at the right coordinates. The 3 point stretch location method is great probaly for many. But when everything is drawn at the right coordinates (mostly in my case) it would be great to be able to treat terrain overlays as any other data source that can either be placed at coordinates or by hand (in this case could be with the 3point method)... This would also solve the issue with updating. When something changes in the overlay file, updating it in Infraworks makes it lose previous settings, meaning that we have to reposition the overlay, every single time something changes.... Not time effective.
3 Comments
ThomasBHansen_
Enthusiast

Yes! It actually seem weird that it`s not a possibility! This has annoyed me for quite some time now.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
m_kingdon
Advisor

This definitely needs to become a feature.  Every design change and update requires re-aligning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report