Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Part Shape Utilities plug-in for Autodesk Inventor

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
Anonymous
4669 Views, 32 Replies

Infrastructure Part Shape Utilities plug-in for Autodesk Inventor

Hi,

• According to this link, using the Infrastructure Part Shape Utilities plug-in for Autodesk Inventor 2017 Pro or LT can be create and configure .IPT parametric model files for use in InfraWorks bridge design.

1.png

• I did exactly the same as above, but there is not "Infrastructure Part Shape Utilities plug-in".

my.png

• I use Inventor 2018 and InfraWorks 2018 student version. Should I use Inventor 2017? Is it only for Inventor 2017?

Thank you in advance,

Ali

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

yes this only works with Inventor 2017 for some reason

@Eric_Chappell can you confirm this only works for Inventor 2017?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP Thank you very much for your answer.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous

I have Inventor 2017 installed.
it doesn't work with Inventor 2018 and Inventor 2017!!!

Unbenannt.png

Message 5 of 33
DarrenP

for inventor 2017 it shows up on mine

did you install in that order Inventor 2017 has to be installed first then install Infraworks 2018

if Infraworks 2018 was installed first the environment will not show up in Inventor 2017

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 33
scunningham

Inventor 2018 and 2017, both Pro and LT, are supported. We recommend installing Inventor first, before InfraWorks 2018. 

Sarah Cunningham
Product Manager, Autodesk Takeoff

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous

I have first Inventor 2017 installed then I have Infraworks 2018 installed. but it didn't work.
Finally i have decided all Autodesk softwares uninstalled after that again Inventor 2017 then Infraworks 2018.......
I must say that its worked out. 😉

Thank you so much,
Ali

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: scunningham

I did the same. But I do not know exactly what was problem.

Fortunately it works in Inventor 2017 now. but in inventor 2018 doesn't work yet.

Thank you for your answer,
Ali

Message 9 of 33
DarrenP

@scunningham wrote:

Inventor 2018 and 2017, both Pro and LT, are supported. We recommend installing Inventor first, before InfraWorks 2018. 

@scunningham can you confirm this?

i cannot get the environment to show in Inventor 2018 but it does show in Inventor 2017

the help says Inventor 2017 it does not say Inventor 2017 or higher

DarrenP

Message 10 of 33
Anonymous

Could you give me the site where to download the ''Infrastructure Part Shape Utilities plug-in"?

Thanks !

@scunningham wrote:

Message 11 of 33
Charlie.Ogden

The Part Shape utilities is not a separate download... it is part of the InfraWorks 2018 install. Install Inventor 2017 or Inventor 2017 LT first (not 2018 right now) and then install InfraWorks - during the install, if Inventor is found it will install the Part Shape utilities. If you ever had Project Kameleon installed, uninstall that first, and remove all associated files and folders.

However, if you have already installed InfraWorks first you can install Part Shape utilities using the Shape Modeler .msi file found where you extracted the InfraWorks installer (by default that is C:\Autodesk)... In the InfraWorks folder at the extracted location find the .msi file in the ...\x64\ShapeModeler folder.

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

Excuse me ,I have  installed Part Shape utilities ,but it doesn't change.I don't known why it is ?

Message 13 of 33
DarrenP

what doesn't change?

DarrenP

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestion,but when I uninstall both software ,then install Inventor2018 first before InfraWorks 2018, it doesn't work. Should I delete all the register licences of  both software, then  install them in the order that you have supposed? 

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestion,but when I uninstall both software ,then install Inventor2018 first before InfraWorks 2018, it doesn't work. Should I delete all the register licences of  both software, then  install them in the order that you have supposed? 

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

@Charlie.Ogden wrote:
The Part Shape utilities is not a separate download... it is part of the InfraWorks 2018 install. Install Inventor 2017 or Inventor 2017 LT first (not 2018 right now) and then install InfraWorks - during the install, if Inventor is found it will install the Part Shape utilities. If you ever had Project Kameleon installed, uninstall that first, and remove all associated files and folders.

However, if you have already installed InfraWorks first you can install Part Shape utilities using the Shape Modeler .msi file found where you extracted the InfraWorks installer (by default that is C:\Autodesk)... In the InfraWorks folder at the extracted location find the .msi file in the ...\x64\ShapeModeler folder.

I  install InfraWorks 2018 first ,then Inventor 2018, after that I install Part Shape utilities using the Shape Modeler .msi file ,it doesn't work. how can  I do?

Message 17 of 33
DarrenP

this doesn't work with Inventor 2018 yet this only works for Inventor or Inventor LT 2017

DarrenP

Message 18 of 33
scunningham

Correct. (Sorry, I misstated earlier. Charlie's responses above are correct.) 

Sarah Cunningham
Product Manager, Autodesk Takeoff

Message 19 of 33
DarrenP

with Infraworks 2018.1 The Part Shape utilities now works with Inventor 2018

DarrenP

Message 20 of 33
khidihanhan

I have installed infraworks18.1 and inventor infrastructure plugin works in both 17 and 18. But when I click export template dialog box will not show and nothing happens.  could someone help me with it  please?屏幕截图(40).png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report