suggestion

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
332 Views, 8 Replies

suggestion

Hi guys,

i have few suggestion for next revision of software.

1. Operation  horizontal , i think that toolpath have unnecessary "jumps", my opinion is that You must put somethink like "keep tool down". Problem is that endmill makes more than one lead in on surface. 

2. Operation Adaptive pocket ... first problem is lead in on level. When i am setup helix lead in, first two or three level is correct, next levels toolpath create some smooth lead in, not helix, not plunge, but when You have level more than 1mm can demage tool. I can not solve this problem in one step, than i use method level by level. Only in this case i have allways helix lead in. 

Second problem is, open pocket. Can You made option that we can setup open pocket, because tool allways lead in material from Z axis. In my opinion, "plunge outside stock" is not option what we need.  You can solve this problem somethink like HSR in SolidCAM. I think, like on horizontal, tool have unnecessery lead in on same level. To mutch jumps!

3. Adaptive clearing ... one question ! Why leaves offset on the last Z level. My setup is Z-15. , software calculate Z-14.999. If i use same endmill for 2D contour, i must setup flor offset 0,01 that i have no transition between the two paths!!!

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

Alright,

1. You can make an Idea on the IdeaStation with screenschots with what you think could be improved. That way people can vote for it.

2. Adaptive has stay-down in the linking tab. But Adaptive is not pocket. So maybe you are confusing the two.

3. That's 99% sure a tolerance thing.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Laurens-3DTechDraw

In 99% i am working on 3D areas (mold making) and i dont use 2d pocket. Actually, i dont use 2d pocket in any case! Allways i am tring to us 3d options. From this reason, i think that You can made better toolpath for this roughing operations.

I know difference between adaptive clearing and pocket.

Yes, i am sure to, that is tolerance thing, but i can not setup tolerance zero, because software needs input >0!

I can prepare few image capture for possible debate.

Message 4 of 9
Laurens-3DTechDraw

Of course, you cannot have 0 tolerance.

But you can give in 0.001 mm or even 0.00001. Generation will take much longer but it is possible.

But you talk about some kind of profile entry into the stock with adaptive. That is not possible. Adaptive doesn't do profile style ramping.

Not under any circumstance. 

Sharing some screenshots or sharing the model with explanations would help a lot.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

sample.jpg

I am made one Adaptive pocket, see picture.

First, why on 9 levels i have more than 25 lead in. Tool jumps without any reasons! 

Second, this is open pocket, why we are not able to setup lead in out from stock, not direct in stock from Z level. Is very easy to solve this, SolidCAM HSR as similar operation with HSM 3d pocket clearing can this.

It is not huge problems for me, HSM works perfect in mold making industry.

Same situation is on horizontal operation. On one flat area, 300 x 150 mm, i have 10 helix lead in, unnesesery. Only one lead in is enough.

This is just my note, in my opinion, this few stuff would be software makes better.

Best regards

Message 6 of 9
Steinwerks

It looks like you have selected a boundary that is forcing the tool to ramp in instead of start from the outside of the stock.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Steinwerks

Hello,

no any selection.

Just calculate toolpath!

Allways in pocket clearing lead in goes from Z level into the stock. This is not problem for me, but i think that You can made options for lead in out of stock, this would be save tool more than helix lead in on all levels. In our case, minimum three lead in on every level! This is just my suggestion, after few years work.

In global, i think that all 3d operations have to mutch "jumps" and unnessesery moves. (when i am compare to adder software).

But, AutodesHSM is the best software for me, without any doubt.

Best regards

Message 8 of 9
Laurens-3DTechDraw

@Steinwerks Is right the boundary is your problem.

Set the boundary to none or much bigger than you part+tool.

And turn rest machining on. You'll see the path is much better.

Also this is a Pocket not Adaptive Pocket. That will get a lot of people confused. You have Pocket or Adaptive. Not both.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks.

Boundary was a problem.

I like to use selection from sketch, i have better control of toolpath. In this case i must check stock boundary and toolpath is correct.

In most of case i use adaptiv clearing, but sometimes i must use pocket clearing.

Thanks all, one more time.

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report