Community
HSM Support Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLUTE LENGTH ON TURN TOOL IS SET TO 0.00 WHY???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
689 Views, 3 Replies

FLUTE LENGTH ON TURN TOOL IS SET TO 0.00 WHY???

Hello I am currently trying to complete some boring operations on a simple turned part but when ever i select my boring cycles, call up my 1/2" bore bar/ any tool and try to set a roughing max. step down value inventor will issue a warning specifying that my tool has a flute length set at 0.00 so i can not use the roughing step down with out skipping the warning. Attached is the file in question. I am not sure if i have set my tooling information wrong per the inserts. It has seemed pretty straight forward as to how the insert and holder geomotrey is defined. If i am missing an important step in defining my tooling geomotrey or just simply programming with the wrong cycle please let me know. So far it has baffled me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, dont feel too bad, i am having the same issue. 

I created some toolpaths with other tools now i deleted them to use others for a different machine now i get the tool flute length is set to 0.0

What  is causing this???

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have a feeling that this is possibly just a glitch or parameter that was
changed and now it's just sending an error. It seemed to only start
occurring after I've got the latest update for HSM I can still properly
post code. it's just that it keeps creating a temporary fault and warns you
as far as I can tell.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

So I submitted feedback to Autodesk and they posted a ticket of CAM-7929 for this issue.  It thinks that it is mill-turn not just turning, which is wierd to me, but what ever. 

Their suggested quick fix is to create a derived operation from the affected tool path with the same strategy and it should be good to go. 

I hope that this helps yall.

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report