Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma Multus Post Processors

46 Comments
ncprog06
Enthusiast

Hi, i am Marco from Austria

i am very interested in these post processors for the Okuma Multus, i have tried the post but there where some issues.

i got also a right NC Code and F3d File (manually changed which works perfectly on the Multus)

are you interested ?Multus1.PNGMultus2.jpg

billcainautodesk
Autodesk

@ncprog06 

That would be great Marco. Happy to take a look and straighten things out.

ncprog06
Enthusiast

@billcainautodesk 

sorry i cant attach Files in this Forum.

i have uploadet it on my webspace:

http://www.tweakers.at/multus/ 

At the very least the defaults for the X-axis limits are bad.

@ncprog06 I suspect you are running an OSP-200 control?

ncprog06
Enthusiast

@Laurens-3DTechDrawyes we got both OSP-200 and OSP-300 in house

andytpks
Participant

Like Laurens Post processor, is better use G20 HP=X for all the movement... at the start, at the end, at the B Axis change position... use X and Z "safe" retract" is dangerous first of tool selection. G20 HP=1 is the best solution. 

richard.stretton
Explorer

I have a customer looking at obtaining the following:

1. Okuma LB3000 turret lathe with twin spindle, live tooling and bar feed and parts catcher.
  2. Okuma B250 with twin spindle and B axis
  3. Okuma U3000 with twin spindle, B axis and bottom turret.

Worthy of testing and tweaking ??

andytpks
Participant

You think for the future is possible add "subprogram" like in the Okuma Mill the post processor?

Is a good idea because Okuma is not too fast to restart, so if i use /CALL i can have a fast restart!

bailesteven
Observer

Any of these for the osp 200 ???

billcainautodesk
Autodesk

@andytpks

We are in the process of making some improvements and fixing some bugs. The G20 HP=1 will be added.

@richard.stretton

B250II is there. LB3000 – there is another older post for an LB on the download site. Or one of these and you can work through turning off what you don’t need. U3000 – No support for bottom turret at this time.

@bailesteven

These were made based off the OSP300 but I don’t think there is much of a difference.

andytpks
Participant

the difference between osp-200 and osp-300 in mill or lathe is nothing... in multus is the tool change.

In osp-200 if i remember good, you have to use "TL=XXXXXXXXX BA=degrees (or BT=0, 1, 2) M321

In osp-300 you can always use the old system with TL, but now you can use the new system with TD, so you don't have to put BA or BT but you have to create a tool for all the angle, with M323 automatically you have the rotation of the head... 

bailesteven
Observer

yea the osp 200 uses 3 lines one for staging a tool ... one to call the tool up and what angle and the actual tool change and i cant figure out how to modify the post to do this....

andytpks
Participant

I look update with G20!

Great, great, great.

Think for the future... add subroutines like generic Okuma Mill Post processor or Fanuc Post Processor?

Is confort with long program, for the restart!

andytpks
Participant

Update are good, but subroutines are important...! you think is possible put this subroutine in the post or this too complicate? in Fanuc post processor and Okuma Mill Post processor work amazing. But with a multitasking machine is very important use a CALL for the restart...

billcainautodesk
Autodesk

@andytpks 

These can be added. I have created a ticket for this.

DGavin0077
Enthusiast

u3000 ,I am having trouble getting it to use the lower turret? what all do I have to change.

rswartz099
Participant

Any plans for these to be available for the OSP-500 controller? We have a multus b250 and b300 looking to use fusion360 on. I’d assume the OSP-300 post should work but with extreme caution.

billcainautodesk
Autodesk

Hello DGavin0077

The post does not currently fully support a lower turret. I advise you to use our services marketplace to find one of our trusted partners who can help you to modify the post. See this post.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/in-search-of-hsm-fusion-cam-post-processor-adj...

I have been told by Okuma that the OSP500 should run anything that would run on the OSP300. The OSP500 will have more options though. I do not currently have information on the OSP500 control. In the meantime you can see the link above to discuss with our trusted partners about any modifications you would like made.

rswartz099
Participant

Screenshot (1).pngThank you for the response. We finally got our B250 running with the OSP300 control. I'm trying to chamfer some of our "windows" on our parts. I'd prefer to use XZC mode and the Action seems to not work at this moment. THEN gosiger applications department was taking a look at the NC post code and didnt care for the G52, he said thats old school and would be good to remove that. which we did manually. then at the end of the post "M109" I had to add a "M146" above it to work properly. Im also trying to get Trace to work but its not working with cutter comp which would be ideal so i can fine tune my chamfer but that doesn't regard to the post.

AND what is the difference between the b250IIc and b250IIW?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report