Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2018 R2 development release

133 REPLIES 133
SOLVED
Message 1 of 134
fonsecr
5009 Views, 133 Replies

HSMWorks 2018 R2 development release

The first HSMWorks 2018 R2 development release is now available. We expect to make the final release within a few weeks. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

We have finally added support for Wrap / aka Axis Substitution for 2D Contour and 2D Pocket among other things.

Note that you can access the development releases from here (click the Development Release tab):

https://cam.autodesk.com/download/hsmworks/

You can also see all of the fixes, changes, and new features.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

133 REPLIES 133
Message 2 of 134
jeff.pek
in reply to: fonsecr

FYI, we are also preparing a pre-release of Inventor HSM R2 as a development release. Hope to make this available early next week.

Jeff

Message 3 of 134
fonsecr
in reply to: jeff.pek

Here is an example of how the new setup sheet looks. Single file is the default. So all pictures will be embedded in the HTML file directly. You might need a newer browser but I think that is an ok requirement.

The graphics doesn't have the same 3D effect like the old one - but that we can improve on in the future. But the kind of more sketchy look is easier to look at though.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 4 of 134
fonsecr

You will now get all the main turning tool insert and holder information also. Here is picture showing how it looks now.

image.png

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 5 of 134
fonsecr

HSMWorks2018-R2.42017 / June 15, 2017 is now online with a bunch of additional fixes.

https://cam.autodesk.com/download/hsmworks/

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 6 of 134
fonsecr

Please note that we have changed the behavior for 2D Contour for the linking so 2D Contour is more strict. Basically the rule is that plunge feed is used when moving down and touching stock. Plunge would now always happen for a pocket - even an open pocket. This because 2D Contour will assume there is stock anywhere. If you add a stock contour then 2D Contour would know when it can use the lead-in feed instead and move down outside the stock. We do continuously get conflicting request for the desired linking behavior. But I hope that by make the rule simple like this it will be easier to figure out 🙂

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 7 of 134
LibertyMachine

But if you set your "Feed Height" to "Disabled", shouldn't that just make the Plunge move a rapid move, that way people can have it either way

You specifically mention 2D Contour. What about the behavior of Thread, Bore, Circular?

And with 2D contour, behavior was different between single pas cuts and multiple depths and/or roughing passes. Will there be more predictable results?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 8 of 134
fonsecr
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Feed height is not the same feature. It only tells how far down you can rapid when possible. If feed height is turned off - 2D Contour would allow rapid down but only if it didnt hit any stock. 2D Contour would still check if it is engaging stock.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 9 of 134
Steinwerks

@LibertyMachine

I'll see if I have time to play with this at home and let you know what I find out (assuming it isn't in Fusion already, but I don't think it is).

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 10 of 134
fonsecr
in reply to: Steinwerks

Correct, the bulk of these changes would be in the Fusion release around end-of-July.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 11 of 134

@LibertyMachine  is this what you are wondering about?

When the feed height is set to disabimage.pngled a rapid use is beeing used here.

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 12 of 134

Yes, that was exactly what I was hoping would be the case. Disabled=rapids to depth, anything else would be plunge feedrates

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 13 of 134
Steinwerks

So much for my weekend project! Thanks a lot @al.whatmoughSmiley LOL

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 14 of 134
Steinwerks

@fonsecr

Is the 2D Wrap functionality available only in HSM Ultimate? I was under the impression it was going to be in both levels, with 4- and 5-multiaxis being constrained only to Ultimate.

Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 15 of 134
fonsecr

Will be in both Ultimate and Premium. Not quite ready for testing yet. Team is working on some bugs.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 16 of 134
Steinwerks

@fonsecr wrote:

Will be in both Ultimate and Premium. Not quite ready for testing yet. Team is working on some bugs.

Ah I misunderstood is all. Support doesn't mean it's IN yet Smiley Wink

Thanks for the update, glad it's coming along!

Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 17 of 134
Steinwerks

I sent feedback already but I figured I'd try and do a little more here for clarification if needed.

I found a bug where the preview doesn't represent the stock properly. Previously generated (this was before R2 at all but I'm not sure of the version offhand - file is attached).

Before (roughed material is visible properly):

R1.JPG

After regenerating in R2.42017 (roughed material is no longer visible):

R2.JPG

In fact, I've found it populates throughout all the previews. I believe that if the tool changes the preview is reset.

I have attached the original, and the bugged file.

Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 18 of 134
cj.abraham

@Steinwerks opened CAM-7661 for the stock preview bug.

Message 19 of 134
tjadrny
in reply to: cj.abraham

Doesn´t work strategy thread, circular, bore by me. We have Solidworks 2017 SP2.

Screenshot - 20_6 002.jpg

Message 20 of 134

They work here and I have the following installed:

HSMWorks 2018 R2.42017
SolidWorks 2017 x64 SP2.0

Can you upload a non-working model or explain what exactly goes on?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report