HSMWorks 2017 R0 development release

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
fonsecr
2400 Views, 44 Replies

HSMWorks 2017 R0 development release

Hi all,

The first HSMWorks 2017 development release is now ready.

The change log is currently not fully correct. This will be fixed later. We also have some new beta features that will post about soon.

Please note that you need a 2017 license to be able to run it. So you cannot test with an 2016 license. We can provide temporary licenses to limited beta testers for now. Send a private message to @al.whatmough or @fonsecr and we will pick a handful.

PS. AU is next week 🙂 So we you are going we will meet you there.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Rob.Lockwood
in reply to: fonsecr

You're headed to AU?

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 3 of 45

@Rob.Lockwood

I believe René is indeed.

Just like myself. You?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 45

@Laurens-3DTechDraw

No, probably not.

I couldn't find anything compelling enough on the class list to justify the trip. I didn't look that hard, so if i'm missing something where i'd benefit from attending, let me know.

If a class on post development existed, i'd probably be there in a heartbeat.. But no such luck.

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.

Message 5 of 45

@Rob.Lockwood I'm there how many more reasons do you need?

@AchimN see you are needed at AU!

I would attend a post development class.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 6 of 45

This is probably going to come off wrong..

If I could get locked in a room with @AchimN and @Laurens-3DTechDraw -maybe @fonsecr for good measure- for a day, i'd be down there in a heart beat..

Yep. Definitely came off wrong.

But, and no disrespect to a few guys I consider great friends, the existing CAM focused stuff is just too basic, largely being presented by people i've been "teaching" for awhile now.

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.

Message 7 of 45
scottmoyse
in reply to: Rob.Lockwood

@Rob.Lockwood wrote:

This is probably going to come off wrong..

If I could get locked in a room with @AchimN and @Laurens-3DTechDraw -maybe @fonsecr for good measure- for a day, i'd be down there in a heart beat..

Yep. Definitely came off wrong.

But, and no disrespect to a few guys I consider great friends, the existing CAM focused stuff is just too basic, largely being presented by people i've been "teaching" for awhile now.

That is why I haven't been to AU for the last 3 years. There aren't enough advanced classes.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 8 of 45
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

I just tried to install this build and I got the following errors. I've also emailed requesting access to the beta licensing and haven't had a reply yet.

2016-11-10_10-14-09.jpg

2016-11-10_10-43-09.jpg

It then went on to install anyway, and it's using the old HSMWorks License... the non-Autodesk one.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 9 of 45

@scottmoyse wrote:

I just tried to install this build and I got the following errors. I've also emailed requesting access to the beta licensing and haven't had a reply yet.

It then went on to install anyway, and it's using the old HSMWorks License... the non-Autodesk one.

Scott,

For me the install when smoothly, but the activation was the problem.

They guys are looking into what is wrong with the licenses so that's why you might not have received a reply to your request.

For me, it actually uses the AutoDesk one so not sure what happened there for you.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 10 of 45

What happened is we still haven't received our reseller HSMWorks Autodesk serial numbers. So we're still running on the HSMWorks licence numbers. And that has worked with this build.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 11 of 45

@scottmoyse wrote:
What happened is we still haven't received our reseller HSMWorks Autodesk serial numbers. So we're still running on the HSMWorks licence numbers. And that has worked with this build.

For me even when it does run I can't make any toolpaths or edit them and get errors all the time so not sure what's going on there.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 12 of 45

Hey guys

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.

Message 13 of 45

Hmm. I need to go have more of a rummage.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: scottmoyse

I updated and will not activate.  Now I cannot get back to 2016.  Do not update this beta file

Message 15 of 45
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I updated and will not activate.  Now I cannot get back to 2016.  Do not update this beta file

That's what this thread says that you can't activate with your own license.

If you remove HSMWorks, restart PC and install 2016 release it should be good.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 16 of 45

sent messages to both Al and Rene and no reply back... crickets again??????

Message 17 of 45

@lenny_1962 wrote:

sent messages to both Al and Rene and no reply back... crickets again??????

About what?

A license?

What I said a few replies back:

@Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:

Scott,

For me the install when smoothly, but the activation was the problem.

They guys are looking into what is wrong with the licenses so that's why you might not have received a reply to your request.

For me, it actually uses the AutoDesk one so not sure what happened there for you.

I'm pretty sure there were issue's with licenses so they weren't sending new ones out.

Also keep in mind René is on the road(Possibly to AU already).

Al is always a busy man so I think this is a game of patience.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 18 of 45

Please note that you need a 2017 license to be able to run it. So you cannot test with an 2016 license. We can provide temporary licenses to limited beta testers for now. Send a private message to @al.whatmough or @fonsecr and we will pick a handful.

to this:

Please note that you need a 2017 license to be able to run it. So you cannot test with an 2016 license. We can provide temporary licenses to limited beta testers for now. Send a private message to @al.whatmough or @fonsecr and we will pick a handful.

I PM Al on the 11-1-16 with something else and no reply either

Message 19 of 45
Steinwerks
in reply to: lenny_1962

I PM'd @fonsecr a few days ago with no reply either. Would be nice to see some of those fixes listed.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 20 of 45
scottmoyse
in reply to: Steinwerks

We're now at a point where we probably won't get responses until around the 22nd/23rd.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report