HSMWorks 2017 R0 development release

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
fonsecr
2388 Views, 44 Replies

HSMWorks 2017 R0 development release

Hi all,

The first HSMWorks 2017 development release is now ready.

The change log is currently not fully correct. This will be fixed later. We also have some new beta features that will post about soon.

Please note that you need a 2017 license to be able to run it. So you cannot test with an 2016 license. We can provide temporary licenses to limited beta testers for now. Send a private message to @al.whatmough or @fonsecr and we will pick a handful.

PS. AU is next week 🙂 So we you are going we will meet you there.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

44 REPLIES 44
Message 21 of 45
fonsecr
in reply to: scottmoyse

Sorry all, needed to spend time testing a few issues that came up before commenting.

Just made a new devel release available to fix some potential errors. You can now test in Trial mode by clicking Start Trial in the first dialog.

So we no longer need to send specific licenses out for you to have a look at 2017.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 22 of 45
scottmoyse
in reply to: fonsecr

@fonsecr wrote:

Sorry all, needed to spend time testing a few issues that came up before commenting.

Just made a new devel release available to fix some potential errors. You can now test in Trial mode by clicking Start Trial in the first dialog.

So we no longer need to send specific licenses out for you to have a look at 2017.

Cheers Rene, downloaded and installed. No trial activation dialog, it's just using the old HSMWorks style license that's still active on my system.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 23 of 45
fonsecr

You would only see the Trial option if you use the normal Autodesk licensing - not the legacy HSMWorks licensing.

If you rerun product activation you can choose Activate Premium/Pro and then once running HSMWorks you will see an initial dialog asking about Serial which also have the Trial option below it.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 24 of 45
scottmoyse

I only brought it up, because it was my understanding that the HSMWorks style licenses wouldn't be supported beyond the 2016 release.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 25 of 45
fonsecr

Correct, legacy HSMWorks licensing has now been deprecated. We just dont automatically deactivate an existing license. But will now only see the official Autodesk licensing when activating on new PCs.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 26 of 45
scottmoyse

Will I be able to activate a 2017 installation within the next 30 days?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 27 of 45
scottmoyse

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 28 of 45

spencecumming wrote:

I updated and will not activate.  Now I can not get back to 2016.  Do not update this beta file

@spencecumming let us know if you are still having issues going back to 2016. I'm not aware of anything that prevent that.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 29 of 45
fonsecr

@scottmoyse wrote:

We will figure out how to handle this in the next few weeks.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 30 of 45
fonsecr
in reply to: Rob.Lockwood

@Rob.Lockwood wrote:

This is probably going to come off wrong..

If I could get locked in a room with @AchimN and @Laurens-3DTechDraw -maybe @fonsecr for good measure- for a day, i'd be down there in a heart beat..

Yep. Definitely came off wrong.

But, and no disrespect to a few guys I consider great friends, the existing CAM focused stuff is just too basic, largely being presented by people i've been "teaching" for awhile now.

Im going to be at AU too @Rob.Lockwood 🙂

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 31 of 45

@Steinwerks wrote:

I PM'd @fonsecr a few days ago with no reply either. Would be nice to see some of those fixes listed.

I'm pretty sure the fixes listed are already in the latest 2016 release.

They always reshow them on a new year release.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 32 of 45
Steinwerks

@fonsecr

Any news on the licensing issue? Approaching three weeks.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 33 of 45
Rob.Lockwood
in reply to: Steinwerks

2946b57f1feb0db6192a1113d13820917e9cc7cea2a65164992f64164b50308e.jpg

@Steinwerks

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 34 of 45

@Rob.Lockwood

Monday what time?

Don't start in the morning when due at midnight.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 35 of 45

Given the delays with 2017, we could do with a 2016 build that doesn't have the Tool Holder creation/editing bug. Would that be possible please?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 36 of 45
fonsecr

HSMWorks 2017 R1 is expected to be ready next week. The holder issue was never in a released version - only in devel releases.

We have switched to use the same license as for HSMWorks 2016 for now. We plan to make the switch to new license as part of HSMWorks 2017 R2 instead. You might need to rerun the product activation form to make sure license state is updated properly if you have previously installed HSMWorks 2017 R0.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 37 of 45
fonsecr
in reply to: Steinwerks

Hi @Steinwerks,

Switched back to HSMWorks 2016 license for now. Please see my previous reply.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 38 of 45

@fonsecr

So I would have to deactivate first?

With the latest release I still get the new licensing screens.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 39 of 45

No, deactivation is not required 🙂

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 40 of 45
electromechanica

@fonsecr

I have tried to re-activate my network license using the latest development release, however I keep getting a "Network license not available" popup.  

This seems to be using the newer-style activation, where it opens a popup window on the first open of solidworks after using the "activate HSMworks" utility.  

I am running HSMworks 2017-R1.41456.  

I know my network server is working fine, as I have another user here still on 2016 and he is not having any issues running his seat.  

Any suggestions?  

I think I can re-activate in trial mode, however I believe that is only valid for me until Jan 1.  

Thanks,
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report