Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Projects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
305 Views, 3 Replies

Team Projects

I have 2 seats of fusion 360.  Due to covid I need to cut expenses and will not renew one seat.  We created a team for our company.  Some project were made and saved by one user and some by me.  Will I loose the work done by the other user when the seat expires?

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
avinash.patilRTX4R
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Welcome to Autodesk community. Thanks for raising this issue on Autodesk community forum.

To transfer Fusion 360 projects, folders and designs from a one Hub to a Fusion Team Hub - please follow the steps given in solution of a article - 

If the desired destination Team Hub does not show up, ask the Fusion Team admin of that hub to manually invite members. Once invited, the invite will have to be accepted via email, and the Destination team will now appear.

Hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have further query on this.

Thanks,

Avinash.Patil
Autodesk Global Product Support
Message 3 of 4
dikshant.

You might lose online or cloud access to the data but before the license expires, you can either export all your project data to the local drive or transfer it to the team hub you are renewing the license for. https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/upgrading-faq-how-do-subscriptions-work-and-what-h...

Message 4 of 4
robert.filiks

Hi @Anonymous,

I want to add that when the subscription expires, you can no longer access your software or cloud services. Remember, the user with an expired subscription can still view and share projects using our free viewers.

The best solution in this case is to set up a Fusion Team Hub for the company/user group and transfer the ownership of the project to the Team Hub. Then, anyone who has access to the Project within the Team Hub, can access this data and it is no longer dependent on the original user. 
Since someone else created the data, and own the data - but the data would now be stored in your Fusion Team storage. This way, if the original owner leaves your hub/company, the data still remains within your Team. In the event original owner leave the company/hub, he would not need to delete his account - but you can mark his access as "inactive" - meaning he is no longer a member of your Fusion Team hub. He "owns" the data created but would have no access to it. 

So if the project has been moved to your Team Hub (where you are the owner of),  it is no longer dependent on the original user.  

Robert Filiks
Global Product Support

My screencasts | Advanced Manufacturing | Tips and Best Practices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report