Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on startscreen

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
ict
Participant
1621 Views, 14 Replies

Stuck on startscreen

Fusion 360 (on the latest version) seems to be stuck on the start screen for the last couple of days. It starts good and than it keeps loading forever...

Anyone have a suggestion?

Windows 10 - NVIDIA K2200

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: ict

Hi @ict,

thanks for posting! This might be related to a Fusion 360 update that was released a few days ago. I was wondering if you already tried the suggestions described in the following article: Fusion 360 was installed or updated but does not launch.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała
Technical Support Manager

Global Product Support
My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars
Message 3 of 15
I_Forge_KC
in reply to: pawel.potyrala

Also, did you have the mesh intersect add-in? Did you recently switch to the new UI preview?

The mesh intersect tool and the preview UI don't get along. There is a warning box that pops up telling you about an invalid command. If you're in this specific situation, that dialog box may be on another monitor, behind another application, etc. Fusion will not fully load until you acknowledge the dialog box.

Just another consideration for you.

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Message 4 of 15
ict
Participant

Thanks for the info, I will look into it. But I'm sure my system meets the requirements and I'm also on the latest update of my graphics driver. It also doesn't show any duplicates in task manager

Message 5 of 15
ict
Participant
in reply to: I_Forge_KC

I don't have the mesh intersect add-in. And I did switch to the new UI preview. But I don't see any other dialog box except for the start screen... 

Message 6 of 15
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: ict

Hi @ict,

thanks for getting back to us. In that case it might have been a generic failed update. While performing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Fusion 360, make sure to run the execution files Fusion 360 Cleaner.exe and Fusion Client Downloader.exe with Admin rights.

Let us know if that helped. Thanks!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała

Global Product Support
Message 7 of 15
ict
Participant

Manual and clean uninstall doesn't seem to help. We tried to re-open it after a clean install and it worked for 3 times, but now it's still stuck on the start screen...

Message 8 of 15
jculleton3

I too am stuck at the splash screen.

Did the Fusion Cleaner uninstall and a manual uninstall.

Usually got stuck at the splash screen.

The recent uninstall re-install now gives a Fusion 360 not responding just after the splash screen.

Going to try once again.

Nothing has changed on my end as far as computer or peripherals.

Thanks JC

Message 9 of 15
pawel.potyrala
in reply to: jculleton3

Hello @ict,

Hello @jculleton3,

thanks for the update. I have the following questions:

• Can you clarify what you mean by a manual uninstall? If the clean uninstall with our Fusion 360 Cleaner failed, uninstalling Fusion 360 via Windows Control Panel is not going to work properly. There still might be some registry entries and directories that need to be deleted
  • Was the Fusion 360 Cleaner Tool executed with Administrator rights (right click on the EXE file -> Run as Administrator)?
  • Please manually collect and send me your Fusion 360 log files: How to manually collect the log files for Autodesk Fusion 360.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Paweł Potyrała

Global Product Support
Message 10 of 15
jculleton3

I did the Clean uninstall and I followed the direction for a manual uninstall including deleting directories.

Everything worked most of yesterday with no problems.

Today it is once again stuck on the start screen.

I am wondering if the new update is causing me grief or if my Windows 10 laptop is finally dying.

Nothing else crashes or locks up just Fusion 360.

I will try firing up inventor or Solid Works and see if they crash.

Thanks JC

Message 11 of 15
jculleton3

Pawel,

Streamer.log , cleaner.log, and applogfile attached

Message 12 of 15
jculleton3

Pawel,

Alphanumeric first of three logs in that directory.

Message 13 of 15
jculleton3

Pawel,

The last two logs I could find including the Web Deploy.

If it appears that I need to wipe my computer and start over I would rather purchase a new HDD and dual boot or buy a whole new machine as this one is loaded with other applications I am trying to learn.

Thanks JC

Message 14 of 15
jculleton3

Pawel,

looks like my Inventor license has expired. Weird because I thought I had a perpetual license back when Inventor was given away to Vets, Students, Small home use / Inventors and Tech shop members.

Oh well.

Soldiworks fired right up no issues so I don't think it is a hardware problem unless it is with the HDD.

I don't want to switch and learn solidworks instead, that would be a pain in the backside lol...

Thanks JC

Message 15 of 15
jculleton3
in reply to: jculleton3

Pawel Inventor 2019 loads fine.

Very quickly I might add.

So I am going to maybe try another fresh install of fusion 360 and maybe defrag after uninstall before reinstall?

Thanks so much for your help!

JC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report