Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stripes appearing in rendering of clear/circular parts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
l_dowell1117
143 Views, 2 Replies

Stripes appearing in rendering of clear/circular parts

First of all, let me state I am just learning Fusion after having been a long time SW user and this may be a rookie error of some kind. However, I have taken one of my SW models and converted it to Fusion in an attempt to learn how to reassemble it using joints. I have for the most part succeeded. For my own gratification I tried to do a render of the model and got a weird effect (and this may be a rookie thing). Where two clear circular items meet, I'm getting a distinct striped result in the image and am looking for information on how to eliminate this. Is this something to do with the dimensions of the two parts being identical? That is the OD of the inner piece is the same as the ID of the outer piece? Any and all help is appreciated

Lyle D

13_inch_Vistalite_resonance_tom_-_assembled_2024-Apr-14_01-39-15PM-000_CustomizedView36390273235_png.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: l_dowell1117

" Is this something to do with the dimensions of the two parts being identical? That is the OD of the inner piece is the same as the ID of the outer piece?"

Yes, that is exactly what you are seeing.  This is classic "z-fighting" in graphics, when two identical surfaces are rendered.  And, this is probably not realistic modeling technique, as you could not manufacture that model.  So, make one of them slightly larger or smaller, or just turn off one or the other.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
l_dowell1117
in reply to: l_dowell1117

Thanks, had a hunch that was the case  🙂   Just didn't want to pursue something if it wasn't the solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report