Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap a seemless wavey pattern around an object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
billyamann
231 Views, 4 Replies

Wrap a seemless wavey pattern around an object

Hi there,

I have searched high and low for any kind of way to do this. I've only been a user of Fusion for around 4 months, so still fairly green. I have in mind a shape with an uneven, yet seemless wavey pattern wrapped around its sides. 

So here is an idea of the form?

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 16.33.32.png

And here is an idea of the kind of wavey pattern. 

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 16.36.57.png

The problem is the tutorials I am finding for this is for flat panels. Such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqmIIbAoVE&t=59s . A commenter asked how they would wrap this around a cylinder, but the answer was: No idea. 

I don't see the seemless part to be the issue, as I am sure I could figure that out. It's more the creation of the uneven waves and wrapping them. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Billy

Here is my workflow for averaging splines and making some artsy stuff from that :) If you get stuck ask for help in the comments :)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: billyamann

Wrapping it around a cylinder is almost trivial and has been demonstrated many times.

The trick is how to make it seamless. Do you have a seamless design for wrapping?

You can even wrap things around spherical objects, albeit that is not trivial anymore 😉

Tile_F360_v1_2024-Mar-31_09-54-50AM-000_CustomizedView8227863132_png.jpg

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
billyamann
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks for your reply. Do you mind throwing me a bone to one of the many demostrations please? I am struggling to see something that fits what I need. 

There are tonnes of demostrations on how to create a seemless pattern. I am more versed in that regard than putting it onto an object. So thats not really my biggest concern. 

Message 4 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: billyamann

The idea is to use the sheet metal tools.

In this thread, I wrap a wavy panel around a filleted corner.

Different geometry, but the same principle.

If that bone is too skinny, please create your desired 3D seamless pattern, and we'll work from there.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
billyamann
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks, this is the exact answer that I was looking for. It's not an element of Fusion that I've encountered, so was obviously looking in the wrong places. 

I now know which direction to head. 

Cheers again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report