Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch selection problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ppi2017
295 Views, 3 Replies

Sketch selection problems

When not using capture design history if you do a sketch projection and then add to the sketch it creates an issue where you can no longer select any of the design elements to extrude or cut. It simply selects the entire face of the sketch. Example: Lets say I have projected four holes from one face of an object to the opposite face. Then I add one more hole as a regular sketch object to that same face. So, now I have five holes on that face. If I want to select any of those items to extrude or cut it just selects the entire face. I was able to work around the problem by removing any extra geometry from the projection on simple sketch projections (i.e. borders etc) but this is clearly a bug in the software that I have run across multiple times. Here is the kicker it does not happen every single time. It is intermittent but it is very annoying, Another issue is sometime the sketch extrude cut will leave an infinitely small section of the item behind that must be extruded to the opposite direction to get rid of. Again it does not happen all the time it is also intermittent.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wmhazzard
in reply to: ppi2017

Do you have Auto Project Geometry to Active Sketch turned on in your preferences? That could cause your problem. If not, please attach an f3d file of your model. 

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: ppi2017

can you share an example design that shows this problem?  It could be a profile detection issue, or something else entirely, but without a design that shows it, that's only speculation.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
ppi2017
in reply to: jeff_strater

When it happens again. I will be sure to share it here. Like I said the problem comes and goes. I do have auto project geometry on active sketch plane on. When the problem happens I will check that by turning it off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report