Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
190 Views, 3 Replies

Sketch problem

Hi Fusion Family,

I have recently imported an .step file in fusion 360 (processed from 3D scanner and GOM 3D software) I wanted to reduce the thickness of a pipe like part from inner side. But I couldn't select 3D sketch for that surface. What could be the possible reasons? I will attach the link for .step file here. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18prS8iA8AtrlsXDwJJXgD5cABQAvljMU/view?usp=drivesdk 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you Attach the file directly here?

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for access to the file, @Anonymous 

I'm not really sure what is meant by "But I couldn't select 3D sketch for that surface", but I understand that you want to reduce the thickness of this pipe. 

Because this is imported geometry, things like Press/Pull or Offset Faces do not work.  In the screencast below I show one way to do this with Sweep and a sketch.  I meant to turn on feature history first, and just forgot to do that, but I would recommend that, definitely.

I only did one side of these handlebars, because the grooves in the middle stop the edge I used for the path.  If you want the middle part to be thin as well, you will have to modify the path in that area to allow it to continue.  I only did one side, as well.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the help. There was a path going through the inner side of the pipe. Sweeping through that path helped.

Regards

AJAY

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report