Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as .stl not available anymore

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
poporacer
2949 Views, 14 Replies

Save as .stl not available anymore

I used to be able to save an object as an .stl file by right clicking on the object in the tree and it was an option there. Now it is no longer there? I did it earlier today but now it is gone. I shut F360 down and opened it back up and it still isn't there?

I can go through the export process but that takes some time. Did this feature get removed?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

It is not removed, but renamed as "Save As Mesh". It should have the same functionality, but also can save 3mfs.

Message 3 of 15
poporacer
in reply to: poporacer

Thanks! That was it!

Message 4 of 15
NarlyB2

I was also very confused.  Normally I see changes like this covered in the what's new updates.  I did not see a notice that this changed.  The new save as dialog has changed.  You can now save as 3MF format and select the units for export.  I would like to see this covered in a supplemental What's new update.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: christian.tapkenKLE4M

It dosen't have the "safe functionality" on two counts -- first it NEVER defaults to save as STL [and there's no way I could see to make it do that], and second, it doesn't pre-fill-in the suggested file name with the file you're saving.  Both were very nice conveniences when there was "save as STL" available directxly

Message 6 of 15
john_meyerPN8R4
in reply to: Anonymous

This is why I cannot stand subscription software. You wake up one morning, wanting to get work done, and suddenly things have changed. I did not want to upgrade at this moment, but was forced to. I just wasted half an hour trying to figure out what had happened. Thank you to the support people for helping out, but no thank you to the marketing people who force us to change when we're being perfectly productive with what we have.

I want control over when the software changes !!!

Message 7 of 15

When saving as Mesh or 3D Print and using the Print Utility to send to Cura, the dialogue box defaults to 3MF and you are unable to change to STL!

Select a different slicer and the Format option is available.

This has only just happened today 28/8/21. 

WHY? Is this a Cushion issue or a Cura issue?

3MF means when I send to Cura I get the multiple bodies that make up my model, that can't be scaled or moved in as one without exploding. Also the model is positioned off the print bed!

WHY?

Message 8 of 15
laserempire

Well, this feature seems to not be working at all anymore...
Anyone else have this issue? Did I hit a weird key combination?

I right click on the body, then click "Save as mesh", then nothing happens, no extra menu pops up anymore...

Message 9 of 15
g-andresen
in reply to: laserempire

Hi,

If this menu does not appear, I recommend a CLEAN UNINSTALL

save as mesh.png

günther

Message 10 of 15
laserempire
in reply to: g-andresen

Just reinstalled with no luck.
Those menus will no longer generate
Message 11 of 15
scaytrase

The problem is that "send to 3d print utility" is broken after every Cura update as the Cura location is changed each time. And when it's selected to "custom" to workaround this - only STL is allowed and not 3mf. When Cura is selected - only 3mf is availabled (select is disabled totally) but it doesn't actualy do anything - not launching Cura (this is the old problem). So the problem is with "send to 3d print utility" checkbox. if it's unticked - I can choose everything, but that's not workflow I'm using

scaytrase_0-1632676142166.png

scaytrase_2-1632676237023.png

scaytrase_1-1632676159414.png

Message 12 of 15
vjtocatjian

Hey Ya'll, this post has been super helpful but I'm now finding that when I 'save as mesh' to an .stl, I'm getting errors. How do I get it to work and what am I potentially doing wrong?Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.22.29 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.25.36 pm.png

Message 13 of 15
CGBenner
in reply to: vjtocatjian

@vjtocatjian 

Hi, do you still need help with this?  Can you share a file where you see this error?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 14 of 15
g-andresen
in reply to: vjtocatjian

Hi,

This can happen if you are in offline mode and have already saved the design.

In this case, you can first export the design to a local drive and then open it again in Fusion > right-click > save as mesh

Günther

Message 15 of 15
vjtocatjian

Thanks @CGBenner and @g-andresen for your replies.

I am working online, have gone through all the troubleshooting and nothing seems to work. 

I finally tried to download from the Fusion teams page and that seems to have worked and the item is printing fine. Major pain, though, that none of the .stl options are working for me in the program. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report