Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as STL and export option not working

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmonagasm
1727 Views, 5 Replies

Save as STL and export option not working

Hi there,

I've been using Fusion 360 for some time now and it has worked ok. But since a few days ago (after a couple of months of inactivity), I can't neither save as STL nor use the export option. If I try the STL way, the first 'Save STL' dialog box appear but nothing happens after clicking OK button, and a few seconds after the application crashes.

When using the export option, the only visible effect is that the application window acquires a dimmed blue colour and it goes unresponsive, but nothing else happens.

I have used these both options with many models and it has always worked perfectly.

I amd using Fusion 360 version 2.0.6263, and running on macOS 10.14.6 (with latest updates).

Thanks.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.bales
in reply to: jmonagasm

I'm leaning toward there is something wrong with your install. This could be especially true if you've not used it in a few months considering how many times its updated since then. 

Save-as STL and File>Export both work flawlessly for me. 

First i'd test restarting your computer and trying again - then if that fails clean reinstall. I can take a look at the log files and see if there are any errors in the background if need be. 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 6
jmonagasm
in reply to: ryan.bales

Hi ryan.bales, and thanks for your quick answer.

Before sending my original post, I had already uninstalled the app, downloaded again from Autodesk web and made a clean install. But the problem persists.

What I have not done is to reboot the iMac... do you think it is needed ? If so, what would be the right steps to make a clean re-installation ?

And also... can this be related to the macOS version ?  I updated to the last release (10.14.6) last week.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
ryan.bales

Rebooting would be a good step so long as we are talking simply restarting the computer. I would not suggest anything crazy like wiping it. 

I'm on 10.14.6 as well and no issues there.

this is the clean uninstall procedure:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 5 of 6
jmonagasm
in reply to: ryan.bales

Hi ryan.bales (and sorry for my delayed answer, I was not available),

I've done the whole process of rebooting and making a clean re-install, and now it is back to normal. So, problem solved !!

Thanks for your support.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

All of the sudden, 360 will not allow me to export STL files or any files for that matter. States that I'm offline, which I confirmed I am not. Restarted computer. Deleted and reinstalled product. Nothing is working.  I'm I missing something??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report