Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM usage continues to increase and never decreases,even after closing all files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
580 Views, 2 Replies

RAM usage continues to increase and never decreases,even after closing all files

Hello,

I have noticed that Fusion 360 RAM usage continues to increase when I open and close different project files, BUT never decreases even after closing all files. The image below shows that I have closed all open project files, but Fusion 360 is still using 4,302.5MB of RAM. I have cleared the programs cache multiple times and have done a clean reinstall using the Fusion 360 uninstall tool. Additionally, I have checked that my computer is completely up-to-date on its drivers and software updates. The only thing that brings the RAM back down is to restart Fusion 360, then I would have to restart Fusion 360 every time I open 2 larger files or derive something from a larger file. As the RAM usage builds up from opening, closing, and deriving something from other project files, eventually the program continues to become slower and slower until it become permanently "Not Responding." What can be done? Is this a software issue that needs to be updated?

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
GPU RAM: 8192 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 419.67
GPU Driver Date: 03/19/2019

Even after closing all open files in Fusion 360, the program still retains all its RAM it used.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeromeBriot
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Many users have already reported issues with memory. A quick search with "memory leak " on the forum

Note that I developped a tool to monitor the memory usage directly in Fusion 360: MemoryUsed add-in for Fusion 360

It's free and it works on Windows and Mac

Message 3 of 3
nzzconwa
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem. I'm sure it's a memory leak.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report