Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now what? Sign in failure

34 REPLIES 34
SOLVED
Message 1 of 35
davebYYPCU
1419 Views, 34 Replies

Now what? Sign in failure

Fusion crashed, 

Reload, brings me here, 

signin.PNG

Click on Sign in and nothing happens.

It's a work day....

34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35

@davebYYPCU @Assuming this is windows , can you do a couple of things ? Having the logs from your machine could help. 

1. Close Fusion

2. Go to Add/ remove program 

3. Select Fusion 360

4. Modify 

5. This will launch the Fusion service utility

6. Run the father system info which will generate two files 

7. Can you attach the diagnostics logs.zip

8. Once you have the files can you run the reset in the service utility and see if that helps ? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 35

Yes its Windows 10, and early today they did something to update the Internet browser - something I did not understand.

Before trying reset.

Reset flashed a small window, and does nothing else.  Defaults to this sign on screen that is dead.

Message 4 of 35
davebYYPCU
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Reset did not do anything, so went with Repair.

Downloading something and got to 83% of Setting Up, then got this.

signin3.PNG

I think we are already at step 2 of this message....

Message 5 of 35
JaneFan
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Hi @davebYYPCU ,

From the log files you provided, looks like fusion signed out just after signing in, which seems to be similar to issue noted in https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Stuck-in-Sign-in-l... would you please check whether there is a chance the work around listed in the page works for you?
If the account you are using has none of the issues listed in the page, please try to remove idsdk db file from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Identity Services\idservices.db, then launch fusion and try to log in again.

• If adsk identity manager is running, you are not allowed to remove the db. Please kill the process from task manager manually before removing the db file.
    Image 2023-8-24 at 22.02.jpeg

Jane Fan
Inventor QA Engineer
Message 6 of 35

@davebYYPCU Ad regarding the install, a restart of the machine should take care of the shared process error. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 35

Most of my afternoon was wasted, nothing I attempted has worked to start Fusion.

Reset, Repair, uninstall, reinstall, 

Restart windows, 

Shut down Computer, 

reinstall.

I was able to stop the Sign In page, now it is a splash screen only and circling blue wheel icon.

In task manager, Fusion has CPU at 0%, there are two other Autodesk processes bouncing around at 2 and 3 % CPU.  If I click on splash screen Windows says Fusion is not responding and close / wait Dialogue is offered.

The link from @JaneFan is not working on IPad.  I am starting a new day. Will report back.

Message 8 of 35

@davebYYPCU With the last message I take it that you are now able to install Fusion and also sign in but then product is not launching. 

1. Once again can you please attach the latest diagnostic log.zip file please from the Service utility? 
2. The state at which Fusion is hanging could be network, proxy or graphics released mostly. Logs could help us identify what could be happening, 

3. Another one to try out is https://login.autodesk360.com/login
Login to Fusion team and select a design and hit open in desktop. is this able to launch the Fusion application? 

4. For any network related issues we generally recommend restarting the router that has addressed many such issues.

5. Another one to try so that we can eliminate is connect to a hotspot (say from your mobile) and see if Fusion is able to successfully launch. 

Results to the above could help narrow down where the issue could be. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 35

With the last message I take it that you are now able to install Fusion

(I thought so, I have the Desktop Icon and it shows this)

Fe404.PNG

and also sign in  Nope

but then product is not launching.  Correct

Identity manager is not running, by that name.

A360 says Fusion is not installed.  Yellow banner message

Fe4041.PNG

and desktop machine cant find @JaneFan link either.

e404.PNG

That utility to gather data, did not run correctly.  Progress box vanished about 2 seconds of running.

Reset modem or running hotspot not tried as the install is faulty.

Message 10 of 35

@davebYYPCU From the image atleast I can say that Fusion is certainly installed but the fact that Fusion team cannot see it is strange. 

First have to figure out what Fusion cannot launch and is getting stuck . My bet is likely even if it crosses that state it is going to go into the sign in page and you may experience the same issue as before. 

The link that Jane sent has an extra comma in the end and hence you could not launch it - here is the correct link - https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Stuck-in-Sign-in-l...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 11 of 35

Article is now working, but has no relevance.

Hotspot is the same.

Reboot Modem is the same, 

Fusion splash screen is not responding.

Message 12 of 35

Ok. So it is not network, we can eliminate that. Let's get the next level of information. Manually collecting logs to see where it could be getting stuck .

Also, let us know what time zone you are in to see if there is an opportunity to get on a call and screen share to try to identify what could be happening. 

1. Please go to the below locations and collect these logs for us. 

• Windows:
    • C:\Users\(username)\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\(Alphanumeric Folder)\logs  (Look for all *.log files.)
    • C:\Users\(username)\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\logs  (Look for all *.log files. Logs here when login is unsuccessful.)

Service Log Files

• Windows OS: %localappdata%\Autodesk\Identity Services\Log\IdServices.log

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 13 of 35

Have zipped the files in this logs folder.

As you can see there is no alphanumeric folder

Fe4045.PNG

Message 14 of 35

@davebYYPCU Looking at the logs. The reason that you are not seeing an alphanumeric folder is that you have not logged in yet. The application logs certainly does not show anything yet. It is not even reaching a point where it can write much to the logs. 

Taking a look at the other log now. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 15 of 35

@davebYYPCU The IDSDK logs showing some more data. It seems like it is looking for a Single sign on server and not able to find it. (I see this a lot in the logs so going to start from there). 

1. Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on your machine? 

2. close Fusion 360 (make sure that in the task manager it is not running)

3. Go to - https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/7zbgTemIhA3ltRs4eACL0g.html 

4. Download the IDSDk installer version from here and install it

5. Now go to https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/A785RG35hP8oUR96WrYkn.html

6. Please install the Ads package from here 

The IDSDK package is for the identity/authentication and AdsSo is for Autodesk single sign on. 

Once you have installed both of these, please Fusion 360 - What is the experience. 

I am almost positive this time it will take you to the sign in page. Based on what happens I may need fresh logs especially IDSDK logs to see what is happening. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 16 of 35

Both packages installed without error.

Launch Fusion, no change splash screen is not responding.

I am showing as always signed in for Desktop App (A360)

There are new background processes in Task Manager

including AdSSO and Identity Mangers.

Fe4048.PNG

Message 17 of 35

@davebYYPCU I was positive they this was going to work. 

mare you able to sign off the the desktop app and then logging to Fusion? 

In the add remove program , other than Autodesk Fusion360 if you I I talk everything else Autodesk what does it do now? 

still not able to confirm but still seems like a single sign on issue and maybe the desktop app is causing some issue. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 18 of 35

I have 8 Autodesk Products

Fe4049.PNGFe40410.PNG

I can open, Autocad 2018, and Meshmixer,

Inventor bounced me to Identity Manger before opening, 

Fusion and Fusion Insider, do not launch.

Desktop App - Desktop icon, does not launch, but I have been launching A360 from Web Browser favorite.

Message 19 of 35

@davebYYPCU @Ok. This is really good information. Can you sign out of AutoCAD 2018. Close it and now try to launch Fusion. 

this is certainly a single sign on issue that is conflicting. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 20 of 35

No I am not running any other app. 

Autocad was last used a few months ago,

Inventor last month,

Fusion was / is daily and I do not close it.  Occasionally I have reboot for updates.

Yesterday the crash was moving a timeline icon to the left, but did not complete before crash.

Today I am seeing the Service Utility dialogue pop up at odd times.

I just now Signed out of A360.

Fusion splash screen is still not responding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report