Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion study joints interference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjadams
147 Views, 3 Replies

motion study joints interference

I'm trying to use motion study to test a simple mechanism for further development, it involves revolute joints and a motion link. when I go into motion study the motion link is disabled and when I try to edit the second revolute joint it causes the first edit to chance and get erratic steps in the motion profile. I've draw this and similar mechanisms numerous times and always I get the same issue with motion studies. I'm new to motion study so I may be doing something wrong but the only issue I have seen similar in the forums involved contact sets. I am not using those and cant find any active. I have simplified the mechanism to a few basic parts but I still get the same issue. its really got me stumped.

mjadams_0-1693010447502.png

the jump is the issue i did not add that and there is no point attached to it to edit it. revolute 2 and 4 should be motion linked.

the motion I am try to simulate is like this

mjadams_1-1693012623868.png

mjadams_2-1693012656492.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: mjadams

Please attach your model.  The Forum users cannot possibly help you for just pictures.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
mjadams

ok will do

Message 4 of 4
mjadams

looks like its a problem with the joint between the lifting arm and the grounded bracket. the joint seems to see the cog as part of the bracket. I replaced the joint with a cylindrical joint and left a gap and it behaving better. the motion link is still not right though I have to control the joint on the cog with the spike to keep the spike level. if the motion link was working levelling could be done by holding the base cog still

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report