Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing happens when opening F360 :(

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
joey.wulf95
725 Views, 26 Replies

Nothing happens when opening F360 :(

Hello Everyone,

I am writing in here because I am completely desperate.

Unfortunately, since a few days nothing happens when I want to open F360. As soon as I click the .exe it just does not do anything.

I would claim that I have already tried everything imaginable.

I have done all the steps that are in this article:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Nothing-happens-wh...

After that it still did not work and I wrote to the support. The first suggestion from them was to create a new admin user and reinstall there. Second idea was to run in compatibility mode. Both did not help.

Then I thought that the last option is to reinstall Windows. I did that. Did not help.

And to make matters worse, now I don't get a message from support.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Jonathan

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
jhackney1972
in reply to: joey.wulf95

Normally you do not run Fusion 360 from the EXE, you use the created shortcut, at least in Windows.  You did not mention your operation system but I am sure something similar is supplied in the MAC environment.  I will admit the short-cut runs an EXE but it is called "FusionLauncher.exe" which is located deep inside your user profile, in Windows.  You did not say what EXE you are running.

Start Fusion 360.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 27
joey.wulf95
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi John,

thanks for your quick answer (even if it wasn't that useful)

I of course tried to start the software also from the desktop shortcut (roughly 40 times now)

Do you have any other ideas?

KR
Jonathan
Message 4 of 27
joey.wulf95

And my operating system is Windows 10.
I mentioned that I have completely reinstalled it (which also did not help).

Message 5 of 27
jhackney1972

If you have reinstalled Windows, made sure you have an administrator account which you used to install Fusion 360, then I cannot add anything.  You could post your "autodesk.webdeply.streamer.log" which may give some indications on the issue the next time you try to install.

When you reinstalled Windows 10, I hope you updated it since Fusion 360 will not run on older versions.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 27
joey.wulf95
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have an administrator account.

Where can I find this file?

KR
Jonathan
Message 7 of 27

@joey.wulf95 Considering you have tried the driver updates and OS update etc from the article here are a few other details that can help. 

1. It appears you are on Windows, can you go in to add/remove programs - Select Fusion and select - Modify
2. This will launch the Fusion service utility - Run the gather system info - this will generate two zip files 
3. Attach the Fusion diagnostics .zip file here

While you are in the service utility , please do run the repair Fusion and see if that helps. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 27

Hi Rajkumar,
I tried this now. When I click on "modify" nothing happens.
The Fusion service utility is simply not opening.

KR
Jonathan
Message 9 of 27

@joey.wulf95 What version of Fusion does the add/remove program show? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 27
joey.wulf95

joeywulf95_0-1698344625493.png

I installed it with the newest client downloader.

When I tried to open fusion, I briefly saw that the task appeared in the task manager. But then it was gone again. Maybe the info helps.

KR
Jonathan

Message 11 of 27
jhackney1972

If you cannot run the Fusion 360 Service Utility to gather your log files, use the manual method as defined in this webpage.  We need to see the autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 27

@joey.wulf95 We will need all three log files from the location that @jhackney1972 shared. 

Also look in tour task manager and see if there are multiple version of Fusion running. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 13 of 27
joey.wulf95

I can only find one file. I cannot find the other two files and directories in which they should be in.

Not one version of Fusion is running in the task manager.

Message 14 of 27

@joey.wulf95 The fact that other logs are missing means that it is failing at a very early stage of the launch. From the log you attached here are a couple more things to try to see if we can find the root cause: 

1. Try to run: \\?\C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\6a0c9611291d45bb9226980209917c3d\FusionLauncher.exe

What errors if any do you get.

2. Turn off internet on your machine - Launch Fusion - Does it get any further than what you see now?

3. Most likely we may need to use process monitor to capture what is happening on Fusion but before we go that route would be good to know the results of the above two. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 15 of 27
joey.wulf95

Hi Rajkumar,

1) Nothing happens - its the same like when i open it via the desktop shortcut.

There are also not any error messages

2) same like above

KR

Jonathan

Message 16 of 27

@joey.wulf95 Last one before we get into the process monitor -

1. any external monitors or external devices connected to the machine like a space mouse? 

2. Can you login to https://login.autodesk360.com/login and run an open in desktop on any one of your designs? 

3. Install process monitor - select Fusion.exe and it would have logs generated that you can attach here - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 17 of 27
joey.wulf95

1) No, nothing is connected.

2) Yes i can open the page. But i can of course not open the designs in the desktop app. 

But I can ust the web app:

joeywulf95_0-1698348243383.png

3) 

Which logs do you mean? There are many fusion icons in the process monitor now:

joeywulf95_1-1698348502746.png

Message 18 of 27

@joey.wulf95 Does your task manager show only one Fusion.exe? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 19 of 27

No, only very briefly directly after the start. After that it is no longer in the task manager.

Message 20 of 27

@joey.wulf95 In the process monitor image you attached there are a few things we can check (I am still surprised that the exe is not even in the task manager).

1. There is an entry in there for Fusion.ext that says "Filed locked WI" I can't see the full thing. Can you see what the path is and what is the full message?

2. Also there is another that says NAME NOT FOUND - the path to this reqqueue value would help 

3. Lastly,

a.Restart machine
b. Do not have any other application running
c. launch process monitor
d. Now launch Fusion 360
e. See if you can see the exe in process monitor and see if you are able to select it to gather the process logs for it

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report