Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new added fonts dont show up

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jahnj0584
289 Views, 6 Replies

new added fonts dont show up

I installed these as ttf and they work in any other program. I need them for a customers design, ASAP

yes, I restarted my Pc twice already. I've restarted fusion a total of 4 times. Even with Sweet child installed as an OTF, it did not show up.

https://www.dafont.com/bubblegum.font
https://www.dafont.com/sweet-child-script.font

Labels (1)
  • s
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: jahnj0584

You do not want to use TTF fonts, Fusion 360 prefers OTF fonts.  I converted both to OTF and they load perfectly into Fusion 360.  You must be sure to restart Fusion 360 after installation of the fonts.  Zip file of both is attached.

Font 2.jpgFont 1.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
jhackney1972

I do not know what you want to use these fonts for but I cannot get Fusion 360 to use them for any type of feature including Emboss, Extrude, etc.  I cannot even Explode them which usually allows you to use them.  Good Luck.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 7
jahnj0584
in reply to: jhackney1972

I was hoping to make a monogram using one font as the letter And bubblegum
for the entire name. Am I going to have to just trace them with splines,
given the time crunch?

I believe these fonts worked in Solidworks, as I've used them before a year
or so ago.
Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

@jahnj0584  Try downloading QCad and convert then save to DXF. Think you get 100 free saves before you have to buy QCad. I tried it in the past and it did a good job with fonts Fusion didn't like.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Not sure why these are failing, both work fine in Rhino and the quality looks quite good compared to some fonts. @jeff_strater  Could these fonts be looked at for improvement?

HughesTooling_0-1637156353888.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi,

Problems and different behaviour with these fonts do not seem to be limited to Fusion.

1. the fonts are not available in Inkscape and Gravit Designer after installation and restart.
2. Text created in V-Carve pro and imported as SVG in Fusion are both extrudable.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report