Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE UPLOADING ISSUES

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ebwestgerdes
269 Views, 3 Replies

FILE UPLOADING ISSUES

Hi, I'm having issues with fusion taking for ever to upload 3D files. It'll take 5 to 10 minutes to upload a really simple .stp file. not sure what's causing it to be so slow because it use to be real fast. Any ideas to solve this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Could you just use Open instead rather than upload? Using open will use the local translator and be pretty much instant.

HughesTooling_0-1637085998630.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: ebwestgerdes

the speed at which uploads occur can vary a lot.  Most of it is that the translation occurs in a set of cloud servers.  If those servers get busy, it takes time to either spin up new ones or to get through the queue of requests.  For formats that are supported locally, like STEP, I agree with @HughesTooling - for simple designs, I will always prefer to use my own machine to translate, rather than the cloud service.  Now, for very large designs - it is worth it to me to let Autodesk use their machines to translate the file, and I'm usually willing to wait for that, rather than tie up my Fusion session translating a 200MB STEP file.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Mark! That little trick works pretty good!

Evan W.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report