Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple monitors

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FrankSz
6778 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple monitors

I think that I have a unique situation and I have exhausted my knowledge.

Fundamentaly I have a decent computer with an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti on two displays.

It seemed that I had a random problem that pointed to graphics drivers, but after a lot of hours of troubleshooting(clean uninstall&reinstall F360 & graphic driver) I reached the following conclusion.

99% of available drivers from Nvidia will work as long as I launch Fusion 360 on my primary(left) monitor and close Fusion 360 on the primary monitor.

For convenience sometimes I move my working window to the second monitor and continue use F360 then when I close the project and exit F360 if I forget to move the  active window to the left monitor on the next startup of F360 will crash(like bad graphic driver). During the F360 launch I must move the F360 window to the left monitor so after the crash it can start on the left monitor without issues.

I am out of things to try and hoping that someone the community has an idea where i should look next.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: FrankSz

Is one of the monitors, non-primary, a 4K resolution monitor?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
FrankSz
in reply to: jhackney1972

Both monitors are identical and running in 1920x1200 mode @Anonymous refresh and they are configured for photo editing by Spectraview(color balance,etc). I have also tried with Spectraview disabled, but without success.

This card meets F360 specs with it's total 4GB memory.

Message 4 of 6
FrankSz

Reluctantly I have given up on the Nvidia GTX1050 Ti, since I tried 6 Studio drivers and 4 Game Ready drivers and the results are the same. I have replaced the card with a Radeon RX570 and the problem for F360 is now gone, the best part is that everything else is also working.

(Live & Learn)

Message 5 of 6
garverconnor

I have an issue as well and don't know how to get support. I pay monthly for Fusion 360 on a Macbook Pro connected to an external 2k wide aspect monitor.

Every time I dock and undock Fusion loses it's S__T, secondary toolbars are all over the place and can't get them handled again until I close and reopen. 

Message 6 of 6
ttemporary75

You would think they could either create a move feature for these 2ndary pop ups or a way to force everything to one window. I find this extremely annoying to be looking for why i can't perform the task, to find a 2ndary pop up is waiting for a reply on a monitor that i am not using for the design. AND WORSE it is under open windows on that monitor. Opening and closeing does not alway fix the isssue (if it reoccurs is it a fix), the underlying understanding of why it happened in the first time, is never clear and so the fix IS NEVER CLEAR. Fusion fix this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report