Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 update : 3D sketch in existing design can not be selected or edited

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
352 Views, 5 Replies

March 2020 update : 3D sketch in existing design can not be selected or edited

Hi all,

In my existing design for a Mac mini computer cooling stand I wanted to attach cables to some Mac connectors to make it look somewhat nicer. So I was very pleased with the new 3d Sketching option. I found the old method to be very time consuming and difficult. The new 3d sketching itself is functioning perfectly but after the sketch is finished I can't edit or select it. As soon as I select the line is selected it is disappeared and this happens as well in the "Sketch" as in the "Solid" environment . Also the sketch lines are very thin in comparison with the existing sketches and there are no points, measurements and constrains in the sketch. If I create a new document I do'n have any problems with making, editing and selecting the 3d sketch. Could it be that we cannot use the 3d sketching option in an existing design? Some additional info: all cables are part of a new Component "kabels-1" in the screenshot.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

this looks like you might be editing a different sketch.  The image is consistent with what happens in sketch mode - other sketches are dimmed.  Can you share the model?  We can take a look

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi, the file size of this model is 40 MB. Is it allowed to upload such big files or is there an other method to upload?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, you meant share a link. Here it is https://a360.co/2TKSPyZ. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

I think I know the problem.  Somehow, sketch visibility got turned off in the global Object Visibility menu.  Once I turned it back on, things seemed to work OK:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Aah, how stupid of me. Sorry and thanks very much for the very quick reaction and solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report