Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITAR COMPLIANCE

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
chriswyso
1695 Views, 9 Replies

ITAR COMPLIANCE

Hello,

Is the fusion team making plans to become ITAR compliant?  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sutherland-
in reply to: chriswyso

Hi @chriswyso 

Quoting one of the Autodesk's employees from 2020:

Based on the information below seems like they are aware of it, but will not implement it any time soon.

"Our cloud products will not work in ITAR compliant environments currently. ITAR compliance is a process that the customer certifies/owns, not Autodesk. We won’t certify a product as ITAR compliant. 

We have recognized this a big gap for a lot of customers and are looking into it. There is no commitment to deliver a solution for it, to be clear.

Is it being worked on, yes. Will it be delivered any time soon, No."

You can take a look at this post as well.

Please click on Accept Solution so other community members can see how to solve the issue.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel helped you.

Best regards,
Level  sutherland-

Message 3 of 10
chriswyso
in reply to: sutherland-

I wonder what other cad cam products say about their product?  Maybe it just comes down to being NOT cloud based?  I do not think people are asking for them to certify the product as ITAR compliant. Users/companies just need methods of working on certain projects in Fusion that require ITAR compliance. 

Message 4 of 10
sutherland-

I totally see your concern. There are pros and cons related to this topic, but unfortunately it seems like Autodesk is not going to implement ITAR compliance any time soon, as of now. 

Please click on Accept Solution so other community members can see how to solve the issue.

Best regards,
Level  sutherland-

Message 5 of 10

@sutherland- wrote:

I totally see your concern. There are pros and cons related to this topic, but unfortunately it seems like Autodesk is not going to implement ITAR compliance any time soon, as of now. 

Where and how have you retrieved that information ?

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
sutherland-

You can take a look at this post.

As I mentioned in my first reply, the information is based on the comment from Autodesk's employee from 2020. 

EDIT: @TrippyLighting forgot to answer to you directly.

Best regards,
Level  sutherland-

Message 7 of 10

The post you are referencing is exactly the reason I asked:

"ITAR compliance is a process that the customer certifies/owns, not Autodesk"

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
wojtczak9
in reply to: TrippyLighting

If anyone can tell me if this is correct or not please let me know. 

As far as I know the unofficial work around when it comes to ear/itar when it comes to fusion 360 is this.  

First find out where the cache folders are.  Second always switch to off line mode.  Never open anything or work in online mode.  Fusion will force you to go online for updates or every 2 weeks or so.  Go ahead and do this when prompted.  But be sure no files are open and make sure to clear cache folders just incase (this is just incase something got in there they should always be empty if follow step 3.  

Third never "save" anything.  Always export to local hard drive on folder that is seperate from other autodesk or app stuff.  (Exporting a .stp file will save the model data.  Exporting a .f3d will save parametric data and cam info.

Fourth never try and import other file types.  It will try and do a cloud conversion.  It will queue it to do this when you go online and you could accidentally upload something if you are not extra careful.  So just do not do this.  

Fifth keep all templates off line and saved on local hard drive.   

For the issue of loading other parts into what you are working on to make assembly.  Simply open the part.  Make sure what you want to load in is a component and not just a body, "create component from bodies".  Right click component.  Click copy.  Then in the file you want to bring part into.  Right click on the top component or whatever component you would like to be it's parent.  Click "paste new". 

If I am wrong let me know.  But I believe if you always follow those rules you will never have any data leave your local machine.  I don't know if you can truly call this "compliant" as the opportunity to upload is always right there.  But in my opinion so is emailing any data to anyone ever.  Just don't do it and you are safe.  

Message 9 of 10
bentwookie

I'm not in the business of having to worry about ITAR, but I'd quit a job the second anyone suggested I needed to keep all that in my head to avoid the penalties for breaking compliance. 

Message 10 of 10
wojtczak9
in reply to: bentwookie

It's really not as bad as it sounds.  In practice is breaks down to just make sure the little clock in the upper left corner has a red dot when start up.  And always export to local drive, never click save.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report